Do you prefer to be a musician, athlete, or an academic?

I prefer to be an academic person. I am not positive. I might prefer to be a musician.

1 Like

I spent my whole life reading, which gave me the knowledge I needed to overcome my diseased imagination. I’m just starting to learn the Mandolin and am a so-so guitar player, but I will always read.

1 Like

Musician and academic. I love both. I can get up onstage and perform for a room full of people, or sit at home quietly reading or researching.

I don’t, however, have an athletic bone in my body.

2 Likes

I think I’d pick academic if I had a choice

1 Like

Didn’t the ancient Greeks or Romans believe you should develop your body and mind simultaneously?

There are other ways to develop your body that have nothing to do with athletics. Walking, going to the gym, dancing, etc.

1 Like

My goal is to take a 30 minute walk 5 days a week. I’ve been getting by on almost no physical effort.

I wish I was a zoologist. Maybe taking care of reptiles at the zoo, or at the aquarium (they have reptiles there, too).

2 Likes

I wish I had musical talent. Both sides of my family is full of it, my grandfather’s brother was a music professor at Queen’s University here in Canada, my grandmother played the organ at her church, my grandfather was a piano teacher, my dad was in a band when he was younger, my aunt could play the piano, but I have no musical ability to speak of. I’ve tried the piano/saxophone/guitar and I just don’t have that ability. I can’t sing or dance either.

2 Likes

Why do I have to choose?

2 Likes

Guys, he’s asking the real questions. :thinking:

1 Like

Do they have volunteer opportunities at the aquarium? Or is that too much for you right now, physically, mentally…?

1 Like

I prefer to be an academic in science and technology or a college professor.

2 Likes

Athletes expire at like age 25.

Musicians are victim to phases and fads.

Being an academic is the most safe option.

Though maybe not the most fun.

(to me)

I have thought about volunteering, but I think that’s too much for me right now. I will think about it again, maybe next spring… Just depends on how things are going for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hear ya. You have to do what you need to, to take care of your health. Maybe the PT will help, and you’ll be moving around with less pain over the next few months.

1 Like

Thanks, Pandy! I sure hope I get stronger, soon. The PT told me that it’s a very slow buildup, especially because even slightly overdoing it with exercises can make me so fatigued that I can’t do anything the next day or two. Gradual increase… BUT I WANT TO BE STRONG, NOW! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You have to be so careful. It must be so hard to find that line to walk.

You ARE strong. You’re strong in lots of ways. This will come, too.

2 Likes

None if I am just mediocre at it. If I’m the best at it I’d want to be an academic.

I would like to be a lazy cat. Unfortunately, I can’t get rid of my ambitions.