Do you need a Life above 40-50?

Im 31 and am already thinking Ive had enough.

Honestly who WANTS to live more than 45-50 ??.

I think 50 should be enough for what you have to DO IN LIFE.

Anything above that is a WASTE of Time for OTHERS and YOURSELF too.

My opinion only.

No offense please - its just an opinion…please I wasnt being personal at all.
thanks.

1 Like

If one can escape the evil clutches of the home they should do it.

They will trap you in the home and rob you.

With your new friend dementia there is no escape and none will let you die because they wants the money rolling in still.

You beg and beg and beg for people to end you because the pain is so great but no one can or will help.

Big business is the retirement home im afraid.

I’m 49 years old and sometimes I feel like my life is just getting started. I’m composing songs/music…raising 11 year old twin girls…working 40 hours per week.

I can’t remember my life being any fuller or having more of a sense of purpose. So yeah, I believe there’s plenty of wonderful living to do after the age of 50.

5 Likes

WOW…Cool

u r my inspiration :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am 53 and growing old ain’t for Pu$$ies…I’m losing my step dad and I’ve lost a lot of friends down this road. Growing older doesn’t take away from my quality of life so I’m happy.

3 Likes

My sz seems to be growing weaker as I get older - now 51 - I’m not happy like I was in teens and early 20’s (before sz) but now I am happy in a different way - contented, stable, grateful, more peace. Do you need a life above 40-50? Yes please.

5 Likes

Im your age @Username - 51 years old, my sza has grown weaker also, as I am getting up there in age

2 Likes

I’m 54 and I haven’t given up yet. I work, take classes, and do things occasionally for fun. I’m not taking it as an attack or personally (I’m pretty sure you’re not talking about me specifically) I’m just saying my opinion. Wait until you’re 50 and someone tells you to give up and see how you feel. I still have goals. I still have things I want to do. As long as I’m relatively healthy, I want to live quite awhile longer.

2 Likes

I really want to live to old age.
we’re only at the beginning of time if you think about it - they said dinosaurs lived for millions of years before it all happened.
if that’s true - dating back to the earliest human record we have which I don’t know for exact but it’s over 40,000 years, that means right now in this moment us human beings are at the beginning of our existence still. So if you understand what that means, that means that in 100,000 years we won’t even be half way into our expected life times and you can only imagine what will happen if humanity continues to prosper with technology and move forward.

I want to live for as long as I possibly can, not to experience hardship, violence or any of that but just to experience life in it’s small moments that keep me interested I want to see our technology advance, I want to grow old but not end up in a nursing home. I want to live to an old age and see as much of this as I possibly can, which is only human - think about it, we’re all here to live our lives and what we need to do is keep ourselves safe so it’s only human to want to live until a natural death.

I just want to see and experience - and see what happens to my life when I finally get housed and where I might end up. whether succesful or how I just am, who knows. But if I can live until my 70s I’ll know I made it and be thankful for it.

P.S i’m only 23 next month long way to go! lol so no I don’t agree with OP.

2 Likes

I’m 46, almost 47. Never thought I’d make it this far. Now that I’m here I still have things to do and places to go. If I die tomorrow, that’s okay, because I’m leaving behind a wonderful daughter, but I’m in no rush. I’d like to stick around and take part in the next adventure.

Pixel.

1 Like

I’m almost 31… the first 20 years of anyone’s life is growing up…

then 10 years to get life sort of situated… figure yourself out…

that only leaves 20 years to do everything.

That would bite… just when it’s getting a little better… :bomb: :boom: Game over.

There are some things that take time… I’m looking forward to being around for them.

2 Likes

[quote=“saurav1, post:1, topic:32919, full:true”]Honestly who WANTS to live more than 45-50 ??[/quote]I do. I want to die living the longest & most fulfilling life possible. I want my white beard & long white hair - a symbol of my peace & endurance after defeating all the hells of my life. I want to go into the “hereafter”, the “afterlife”, the “next world” feeling like I am on top of the social hierarchy, not at the bottom of it like I started in this world (single-parent mother in poverty).

I want to at least make it through to 85-100. I will die happily after making it to 100. I may or may not make it, but I sure as hell will die trying.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.