Do you listen to relaxation music?

I can’t. It makes me emotionally overwhelmed. Does that mean something?

My cousin told me to listen to relaxation music, he said it helps him.

Have not done that for a long time.

1 Like

I can only listen to instrumental music because I have a strong delusion about words that I won’t detail here.

I do have a rich Spotify library of artists and playlists that i use daily. Chamber music, lute, piano, and harp primarily. I like classical, but I have to be careful with it because if it’s too fast, it triggers mania. I am very sensitive to sounds.

I spent all afternoon and most of yesterday evening listening to a Celtic harp playlist. It helped.

I detest nature sound recordings that many people use to relax. I am agoraphobic, and I can’t handle bringing outside sounds into my inside.

2 Likes

sorry @Shmookitty I like ocean and rain soundtracks a lot…helps me.

3 Likes

I listen to a lot of relaxing music. It helps to ease my anxiety.

I also listen to rainsounds to fall asleep.

1 Like

Oh trust me, I know. Lol. I know it’s me who is the oddball. Teehee. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I pay £2.40 a month for the Alexa App “Sleep Jar”.

About 101 sounds. Normally have a rainforest on, mixed with thre ocean.

It really helps. It stops me getting paranoid from the noises outside when im in bed.

1 Like

I sometimes listen to ambient music while I game :+1:

2 Likes

I listen to liquid mind on Amazon music, very relaxing.

3 Likes

Hi Aziz!!! I’ve noticed, that you came back, nice, you are a friend in struggle i find :slight_smile:
Well, you know, i can be very often too sensitive to even calm noises sheesh… I even stopped watching tv…
Me too i lately found these meditations musics on youtube, i push myself to listen to them, but at my worst, i cant even do that gosh…
This is hard, i know. But am not even sure, that they help, idk…
For me, its our anxiety, idk how is it for you… In my case, there is also the intellectual degradation, because my mind was functionning only on paranoid and apocalyptic thoughts, but i fight now to come back at some decent levels still, no matter, that maybe some neurons died…
Yeah, for me its definitely the lack of calm and peace, i am affected by this even physically so yeah…
Am interested too to hear the others why are we so sensitive even to calm things lol?
Big hugs to you, i hope we’ll get better soon :pray: :pray: :blush: !

1 Like

Doing it makes me sad, same for reading books. Dr doesn’t know why. I believe its due to emotional flatness.

1 Like

I love classical music. Especially classical piano music.

2 Likes

Sometimes I listen to country music because it’s easy to listen to
I like to fall asleep to classical music on classic fm

1 Like

I listen to this since 7 years

I practiced to bring peace.

When I listen to it anytime.

My state of mind goes to peace.

4 Likes

I am currently listening on Alexa to their “white noise” and personally noticed better sleep than with rain sounds or ocean sounds.

2 Likes

I used to process lyrics a lot after I had my hospitalizations but I dated this girl who got me into some New Age music like 2002, Jonn Serrie, Hilary Stagg, Ray Lynch. I like some free ambient music on Bandcamp too.

I have a Brown noise generator on my phones too that I like. I am not crazy about most other soundscapes.

1 Like

You know yesterday for the first time I fell a sleep in a unique way.

I was listening to some Latin song and had the best sleep I ever had.

But I think the sleep lasted for 10 mins or so, but I felt schizophrenia as a dream. Then I got to know it’s not a dream it’s real. When I saw my meds case.

I think it was this Latin hymns

1 Like

I often listen to piano music. It helps with anxiety.

1 Like

I’m listening to Enya right now.

3 Likes