Schizophrenia.com

Do you like to watch soccer and do you like to play soccer

Do you ever watch rugby? It’s tough like that in the same sense. Tons of tackling and hitting, combined with finesse. Soccer is all finesse – zero toughness.

And I’m not gonna argue semantics. Why do people outside the States get all pissy when American football is called “football”.

1 Like

Well I semi agree with you about Toughness bcoz in football u r constantly running to and fro between goal posts so that’s not easy and there’s tackling and dribbling involved. not so much of it in American football although I agree it’s tough like rugby and is basically rugby and should be called so.

About the semantics well it should make some sense when u call a sport as football when you hardly play it with the foot

I mean, sure, soccer players are in great shape. Not denying that. But you also need to be in great shape to play American football. And there’s no comparison between the type of tackling in soccer and American football. American football tackling is MUCH more physical and violent. Tackling in soccer is hardly “tackling” at all.

1 Like

I like to watch the World Cup.
I watched the Women’s World Cup and was rooting for the USA to win!

3 Likes

The women’s World Cup was great. The USA were deserved champions

1 Like

i think its just a matter of time before the slide tackle in soccer is eliminated from the game, for player safety. if i played i wouldn’t slide tackle, i think it’s a dirty play that won’t be around forever.

Agreed tackling in football is not tackling but
In American football tackling is violent is actually a bad thing and we don’t need violent in sport. We need clean sport and more graceful than violent

It’s not as violent as it used to be – they’ve taken precautions to ensure there is more safe tackling in American football. But it still can be violent at times. Definitely an extremely physical sport.

I really like soccer btw. I’m watching the EPL right now.

1 Like

Good for u that you are watching football
For me sitting for 90 minutes to watch it I don’t have the patience

It’s only when the World Cup is on that I watch it

1 Like

Maybe you’re right there, it can go horribly wrong. But I must say a well executed clean sliding is an art.

1 Like

yeah im just looking at what other sports have done to make the game safer these last 10 years. no more blindside blocks or helmet to helmet hits in american football. no more plays at the plate in baseball. no more hard fouls in basketball. it will only take 1 freak injury to a high paid player for people to start talking about taking it out of the game.

1 Like

When I played in a summer league, where I live…slid tackling was against the rules.

1 Like

In my country a player broke both legs of an opponent with a sliding, he got charged and sentenced for assault.

1 Like

When I was a student, I always played soccer. You know, Chinese soccer teams suck, however, they also can make a lot of money.

I also like to watch world cup and Europe league.

1 Like

I watch world cup. Others you need cable tv.