Do you like metros / subways

In the past I have been in many metros: London, Helsinki, Moscow, Paris, Boston, New York City, Leningrad, Barcelona, Washington DC, Atlanta and maybe few others. Generally I have liked metros / subways. But in the past 15 years I have not really traveled anywhere. Do you like metros /subways?

Where I live we have no trains all we have for public transportation is buses and taxis. I don’t think I would like a subway though because I don’t like when people are all fitted into a tight space it makes me anxious.

2 Likes

I have been in New Orleans very many times, I used to take this local train, it was fun …

2 Likes

Yeah I like them
Lived in London and taking it everywhere was only a drag when I commuted and psychosis at the same time

I like the metro in Hannover

1 Like

My husband is a train enthusiast
We go to Switzerland quite a bit Rhaitian railway area

1 Like

NYC subway and trains are worse. not only crowded but then delays. very awkward and uncomfortable.

1 Like

I have never been on the subway but, before I had my car, I took a greyhound bus from WA State to MO and it was horrible. Staying up for days and living on the junk food from the convenience stores. Couldn’t afford airfare. Sucked a*ss. Thank God for my car now. I don’t have to take the local bus.

1 Like

Been on a few, mostly
England "Mind the Gap"
France the Metro
Germany
Switzerland
Austria
Sweden
Holland
Denmark
Belgium
Italy
And naturally San Francisco Cable Cars.

Was on a Double Decker Bus throughout Europe too, including all of the above (xcpt SF) and Italy,

Been on the back of a motorcycle going 150 mph down the Auto Bahn (during rush hour traffic)

Driven our own car throughout all said countries, loved to drive the auto bahn, nothing compares.

1 Like