Do you know that you are schizophrenic?

I hear stuff that ain’t there, once in a while I’ll see stuff that ain’t there, and I always feel like I’m being watched. Something ain’t right, and I doubt its a stubbed toe.

Seriously though, I dont care what my diagnosis is anymore. I just want to be consistent with my treatment.

I believe I’m schizophrenic, and know that its a mental illness. I don’t have any doubts about it.

Its a bummer because sometimes I disappoint people and they have unrealistic expectations for me when I suffer from negative symptoms of schizophrenia.

I was such a hard worker at my walmart job but once this kicked in I couldn’t work for more then 15min without being winded.

I then developed a rip roaring depression and have been fighting that. I thought I’d gotten over it, but unfortunately I’m still being affected by it.

1 Like

The more recovered I get the easier it is to see that I had/have sz.

Yes, I know that I’m having paranoid schizophrenia and am mentally ill because of that.

I’m skeptical about my schizophrenia diagnosis. As I understand it, true schizophrenia is a serious and chronic psychotic disorder. That’s not me; schizophrenia is harder to deal/cope with than what I have. I think a lot of psychiatrists these days are diagnosing schizophrenia too lightly. Having some mild delusions and hallucinations transiently does not necessarily mean it is schizophrenia. I think I am schizoid though, sometimes even schizotypal, so I am on the schizophrenia spectrum.

-Albert.

1 Like

Depends on what day it is.

Its the only diagnosis that explains the crazy crap in my life. So yes. Without a doubt. And after years of being laughed at and ignored by the doctors - I am actually taken seriously.

i accepted that they say i have it but often i’m still unsure.

2 Likes

I’ve only one screw lose

1 Like

I feel the same way, my shitt isn’t serious enough. I got problems, but they are mostly existential in nature.

Faaaaack, the last couple of times at work defos have me believing now :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I think mine was totally self inflicted , I had drug induced psychosis at one time

My symptoms are a slap in the face, of course I believe it is real

3 Likes

Well Ive come to accept it it is just humiliating by doctors to describe me the way they do with their medical terms ■■■■■■■ cunts

Do any of you think everyone has schizophrenia but not aware they have it?

My parents didn’t take me to the hospital until I had a psychotic break. I have sza. I believe it. I do well on medication, but I have ptsd from stays in three mental hospitals.

I’ve read the symptoms online and heard them from a doctor (and have been diagnosed) and I relate to them, so yeah I think I have sz.

Yeah, for the most part I know I am liable to psychotic symptoms. Idk about saying I am the label tho, if it had to be explained to somebody

1 Like

Well I wasn’t really normal for most of my life.

I had reasons for it. I was too shy. I was problematic. I was this or that…well really I was paranoid. It was slight and insidious and it was paranoia…

Didn’t really fix it all together till I went psychotic…then the dots were joined so to speak. So yes. It became rather obvious.

1 Like

No, I don’t think everyone has schizophrenia. I do believe many people who are on the schizophrenia spectrum don’t know about it, or don’t accept it.

-A.