Do you judge someone by the car they drive?

I think that’s big with the Amish. Like who’s got the nicest buggy

1 Like

I judge myself harshly for not being able to have a car.

1 Like

I think you’re good so long as it doesn’t say FREE CANDY.

:grin:

2 Likes

I had a 2000 ford f250 7.3L it had too many leaks. ive got a 2010 ford ranger right now was an old work truck.
The trannies are sketchy on the ranger but excellent engine got 300kms on it now. the 5 spd manual trans lasts quite long time though but this one is auto.

and @Ninjastar dont worry im not talking about the trannies! :smile:

3 Likes

No. I don’t judge people by that. But when I was in high school I was more impressed by the guys who bought their own cheap cars than I was by the kids whose rich daddies bought them the fancy cars.

1 Like

I now identify as a 5 speed manual trannie :crazy_face:

2 Likes

haha nice! :smile:

2 Likes

To me, all these gas guzzling SUV’s are symbolic of the American refusal to face up to global warming. We’re living in a fool’s paradise. If I ever get a car it will be an economy car.

1 Like

Some SUVs are no longer gas guzzling. My 20-some year old four banger has worse economy than some six cylinder 9 year old SUVs. And that’s even with the old style port fuel injection.Their highway economy is better by five mpg. Direct injection is even better, at the cost of higher maintenance to consumers.

2 Likes

OH HELL YES.

:kissing_heart:

3 Likes

when we go 4x4ing one of our favorite sayings is “eh better shift her into 4 low there bud.” lol classic redneck sayings

1 Like

It also depends on a culture of a particular place or person. In the US we’re brainwashed by advertising and consumerism, shopoholism, and keeping up with the Joneses is rampant. In other places, such as Sweden, nobody wants to stick out, so you won’t find much in a way of flashy anything, fashion included. But I think that’s boring.

2 Likes

IDK, every time I see someone driving an expensive, exotic car, I automatically assume they’re an as*hole.

2 Likes

There’s psychology at play. Not only those cars raise testosterone, but make people behave like azzholes.

2 Likes

I learned something today. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Actually, it does mention free quotes! I hold no responsibility for my cousins graphic design work. I just fitted them

2 Likes

I was amazed at how far Vlad the Impala went on a tank when I got it, especially for how much punch it has. Newer vehicles are really making some gains with fuel efficiency.

1 Like

Hmmmm… Well I think vehicle choice can clue you into someone’s tastes, priorities, and economic leanings.

…It’s the sociologist in me.

Do I judge though?

Not really, unless they’re an as*hole behind the wheel.

1 Like

if they drive faster than me their assho@es, if they drive slower than me they’re idiots.

I drive pretty slow, but so does everyone around me

2 Likes

This gave me a chuckle!

1 Like