Do you hold yourself to a certain standard of activity (for those who don't work)

Do you feel as though as a human you are obliged to do something with your day other than sitting around doing nothing?

I’m applying for disability and in the meantime won’t be working.

I feel uneasy when I don’t do something strenuous during the day. Which has improved since I began taking long walks 5-6 days a week.

2 Likes

yeah, I gotta do a little something each day, even if it’s not much by most people’s standards. At least I know I tried.

1 Like

Lately I haven’t been doing too much in the way of exercise. I usually take the dog for a walk once a day but that’s about it. I’ve been thinking about trying to get more exercise in though.

1 Like

Not really.

If you can work, you’ll work, or you’ll get bored out of your mind.

If you are too mentally stressed out and schizophrenic to work, you’ll not. It’ll feel like hell even wasting time probably.

I don’t really feel obliged. If I’m not psychotic it’s just painfully boring. That’s why I need to come up with a game plan to force myself to do something.

I volunteer my labor at the cricket club. Usually a couple of half days a week but cool. Keeps me occupied and gets me out of the house. I’ve been on disability on and off for over 15 years. I really love my life and enjoy it as much as I can…it’s different from most but…

Keep fit. Move into daily exercise and keep on it. Find a hobby. Do something that gives you some joy and save some money. Keeping ahead of a fixed income can be hard without support so keep some away for a rainy day.

1 Like

When I was first on SSI I rode my bike for miles, and did a lot of physical activity including the mainly volunteer work I did. Now I hold myself to the “old fart standard”. The old fart standard states that if I do something more than eat, use the bathroom, and sleep it’s a good day.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.