Do you hide your symptoms well?

I’m able to keep my symptoms to myself, most of the time. Whether it be anxiety, paranoia, delusional feelings, etc. I’ll tell my mom how I’m feeling sometimes, and she says “I didn’t even know!” or “I can never tell how you’re feeling”. Stuff along those lines, lol. So how about you? Do you mask your symptoms well?

7 Likes

Some symptoms I can hide, and others I can’t.

7 Likes

I understand. Sometimes, it’s tough to hide certain symptoms. Depends on the severity of them I suppose

3 Likes

I can mask my symptoms extremely well. I was undiagnosed from 16 till 38. I hid my symptoms from everyone including myself! So lots of practice.

6 Likes

Yes. Exactly … 15

2 Likes

I just keep trudging on. There’s no rest for the weary.

2 Likes

My friend Dan, who worked with schizophrenics as a social worker, told me that I seemed the least affected that he had ever seen.

I’m pretty normal at most times, but every once in awhile the voices get to me and I have a screaming match with them. It’s probably been about six or eight months since that has happened, but it used to be more regular, every 6 weeks or so. I can ignore them quite successfully most of the time, and keep zero interaction when I can

So I guess I come across as less affected, though he never saw me at my worst

2 Likes

O3eople never believe I’m ill. It toik time for my close friend irl to see my symptoms.

3 Likes

Usually. But my wife says my eyes turn from blue to black when I get psychotic. But I have never locked in a mirror at the time.

Maybe she is full of it.

3 Likes

I act fairly normally. The only time I talk crazy is when I’m talking about neighbors bugging me. I think I act pretty appropriately at work. People in cars give me “looks” sometimes because if someone stares at me I’m liable to stare back. Driving around this area is crazy anyways, everybody has their trip and if you lose your cool, chaos ensues.

2 Likes

I can pass as normal for extended periods.

3 Likes

Nope. Not at all.

2 Likes

For the most part but i do have the 1000 mile stare when im not doing well. My gf says its pretty obvious lol

4 Likes

I think for all intents and purposes I come across as normal. So, I think I hide my symptoms well. My husband knew I was hearing voices before I was medicated, but my family and friends didn’t. I was really sick for six years and almost nobody knew.

2 Likes

My husband and best friend say they can tell I’m different and that they knew right away. But others don’t seem to notice at all

1 Like

Not in person i can’t hide it very well but when i speak the things i say, even to strangers like its awful being in a reality tv show or having people follow you or disliking people , hearing people say derogatory things to me, strangers :thinking: i don’t know i cant help speaking my mind sometimes. Strangers walk away abruptly, family ignore me sometimes or change the subject
When i worked, i was ostracised for being different i hated going to work because of the bad symptoms stress of trying to make it last to please people

1 Like

I can but I need a lot of down time to regenerate

2 Likes

On meds yes. Off them, I’m one crazy mfer.

2 Likes

I get by as pretty normal for sure. Thing is that I can present for so many hours but over the course of a week or so I’ve issues with cognition and negs as well. It really is hard work sometimes.

1 Like

Yes I think so unless I’m not taking my meds properly or relapse, then I mutter to my voices and look depressed and irritable. My delusions I can hide though, and my self harm.

1 Like