Do you have trouble reading?

I can read books with medications. but the effectiveness is lower than I was healthy.

2 Likes

I have some issues with concentration sometimes. That can make it hard to read, but this comes and goes now.

1 Like

I’m having the same trouble but mines been going on for years now.

1 Like

The words in English are : blind spots.

1 Like

I have difficulties retaining information. I have to read things over and over again before I get what I’m reading.

2 Likes

It has always been the case with me that I can’t read long articles or follow what is happening in books.

1 Like

It won’t apply to all people with schizophrenia.

2 Likes

Reading, no.
Remembering ■■■■■■■ about what I just read? Yeah that’s a problem

2 Likes

I just read 100 pages

1 Like

do you take any meds?

i think you should find a pdoc and get diagnosed if you want help.

and about reading, i can’t read books or long posts anymore either… it’s a bummer cause i used to like reading books.

1 Like

İ don t have any problem on reading while on paliperidone.but it s difficult to remember what i read.i usually forgot everything what i read after two weeks.but i continue to reading anyway.because its definitely good for cognitive functions

1 Like

I’ve never been that strong at reading. Its not that I can’t do it I just find it takes long. But since psychosis it got much more difficult. I sometimes read sentences over and over again because I can’t retain the infomation.

I find text to speech is really useful if I am trying to read a long news article etc. It helps me actually finish it rather than reading the first paragraph and giving up.

2 Likes

No, I’m not on anything.

I’m terrified of being admitted inpatient rn. I’ve been to a psych ward three times before, last one was ten years ago. Never felt helped by them. And now that I live in a small town, I doubt I’ll receive any adequate care. I’d probably just say what I had to say to get out to feel safe again.

I haven’t been able to devote myself to reading a book for several years now either, my attention span has been slowly degrading. Confusing words like I have been recently, like seeing the letters themselves change while I’m reading, is brand new.

2 Likes

The trouble i have reading is the authors thoughts are less interesting than my own

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.