Do you have to take an antipsychotic every day or no?

I take 200 mg clozapine at night and 125 in morning
I always sleep very well

I don’t take sleeping pills, occasionally I take xanax right before bed, I don’t want to become used to it and don’t sleep whiteout it

Yes, you have to take them everyday. If you miss a dose, take the next scheduled one. If you stop taking them you might not feel the withdrawal til weeks after. This is why people claim they feel better once they stop them, not knowing that it takes weeks, even months, for the effects to wear off.

Once a month by injection.

1 Like

I gotta take an antipsychotic everyday. Pill form though.

I was taking trilafon prn for a while. Didn’t do much for the anxiety it was prescribed for in addition to saphris and an AD

I take all of my psychotropic pills every day as prescribed. When it comes to taking medications, you have to follow your doctor’s orders. Period. If they say to take them everyday, then, take them everyday. If they say to take them only as needed, then take them as needed.

I’m on a once a month injection. was on a biweekly injection previously. I like the once a month idea better

I think if you are prescribed a medication and you want it to work at it’s most optimum level, then you should take it exactly as prescribed. We’re the ones who take the medication that psychiatrists prescribe for us but the psychiatrists have gone to medical school and graduated and have studied schizophrenia and other mental illnesses and medications at some point, so they know about them. Also, if a psychiatrist has practiced for awhile than he has first hand knowledge of what works and what doesn’t.

That said, one of the first things i learned in my first few years with this disease is that like it or not, when it comes to finding the right drug for us, we are largely guinea pigs. Medication is a tricky business and lots of times when we start a new drug there is no guarantee it will work perfectly. The best and smartest thing to do is take meds as prescribed and if you have issues with them talk to the professional who prescribed them to you. Adjusting meds yourself is usually not the best idea.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure you need them every day, unless you plan to drink alcohol

I take seroquel every night.

Only if I want to stay free.

I think clozaril is an ap.

I get my meds twice a day through a nursing service, so I have to take my antipsychotics every day.

Geodon 2x/day. Wellbutrin (antidepressant) 1x/day.

Sarcosine (supplement) 3x/day.

:blush:

I take three anti psychotics every day. Risperdal Consta every two weeks, Geodon and Seroquel every day.

Yeah everyday and I don’t mind :slightly_smiling_face: