Do you have friends? I dont

Yes I am really want to have a friend

Life is but a waste of time

No friends IRL.

1 Like

I have my family and I’m trying to befriend other people with mental disorders.

1 Like

I don’t have many friends, but I do have some. My social needs are met :slight_smile:

I don’t think I’d be able to handle having much more friends than I already have, to be honest. Friendships require work, and before the bond of trust is developed, it takes a lot of work and navigating the unspoken rules, which is hard.

I have enough that there’s almost always someone to reach out to if I need help, and I often have someone to hang out with, should I want it.
Internet friends are good also, but I don’t feel like they provide the same sense of fulfillment for me. Don’t get me wrong, I love all my online friends, but it feels like it’s the easy way out. There’s less effort involved, but I don’t get to look them in the eyes or see them wave their arms around when they get exited like I can with my real-life friends.

2 Likes

Define what a friend is. There are people I meet every day here at the apartment building and some people I talk to frequently. Sometimes we are together at apartment functions. But I usually don’t visit there apartments and they usually don’t visit mine. We also generally have nowhere to go out together because practically no one has cars so we don’t do anything together outside the apartment. I could call some of the people I see at the pharmacy, and the doctor’s offices my friends but I don’t know it they’d have anything to do with me if they weren’t paid to do it. I had people I talked to in a friendly way when I was working but when the day was over and I walked out the door we had nothing more to do with each other. There are people I’m friendly too who are friendly to me but whether they are friends is often hard to define.

I do have some friends. I don’t see them all that often though. Sometimes it goes in spurts, though, where I see them frequently for a while. Some live in other states too. I have family that I see more often usually.

1 Like

I have no friends… only the voices keep me company…

I used to have a ton of friends in high school and some in college. Then I started isolating myself, and ignoring my friends. It’s my fault I don’t have any…

Same here. I could use a few more but I like being alone too.

1 Like

I have a few close online friends.

1 Like

Couldn’t tell you.

Just my family. All I’ve ever done is stay home with my family. I think I made up imaginary friends To keep myself preoccupied with weird stupid stuff that nobody else can see or interact with but my own stupid brain.

1 Like

Have digital friends. Speak to a couple of pensioners irl. Mostly speak to my parents.

1 Like

i’ll be your friend :slight_smile: :+1:

2 Likes

I have friends on my course but I only see them once a month or less, I have no friends locally at all but I wish I did I just dont know where to start.

1 Like

I didnt have any friends before sz.

After i got sz i started taking part of street activites and went to alot of churches also attended support groups. Not all people became my friend but i did make about four friends. And they introduced me to their friends. Those friends are not close but its nice to chat when i meet them. And alot of people know me at the churches.

i used to but not anymore. i hung out with old friends this week and it was okay but not something i would like to do that often.

i have one friend, and he’s online only

I kind of do from school but I feel friendship takes a lot of “trying” you know? Dressing well, meeting at certain places, knowing how to communicate etc. My two or three “friends” are nowhere near as close to me as my family members who I would consider friends, like my cousin or my sister. I neglect my few friends for long periods of time, and we only communicate electronically and rarely ever meet. Last year I had virtually no friends.