Do you have enough friends or not enough?

I think I have all the friends I can handle. 2 regulars and one church lady. I used to have lots of friends before I started isolating. after isolation I find im overwhelmed in social circles in a couple hours time and need to retreat back to my home. I don’t like to go out anymore, I like just short play dates. but I am comfortable enough with my parents that I can hang out with them for a longer time.

2 Likes

I essentially do not have friends.
My parents are my only associates.
It would be nice to have friends, but I am not desperate about that.

4 Likes

yeah im thankful for the friends I have. they are understanding when I leave after a short time with them. we stay in regular communication and meet up once a month or so for a meal or a hike or some kind of short adventure. I don’t know why I get so overwhelmed. I’ve been much more complimentary to them lately and trying to show my appreciation to them, which is making things better I think.

we’re always here though if you want to chat sometime @Chess24. did you do any exercise today?

2 Likes

I have 0 rl friends but alot of cousins i can visit. I have about 5 online friends after scouring the forums of the internet.

Honestly i want more online friends, but theyre so hard to find. So many ghosts on the internet. I prefer discord or kik

The rl friend thing is something im working on aswell too. Its just hard to make friends without being able to drive.

2 Likes

Hello @Lifer .
I did exercise today.
I did one set on an indoor rower, and then on my fourth attempt I managed to drastically improve the result.(Although today wasn’t the best day for me because on good days I don’t need four attempts
to improve the result, and sometimes even do 3 sets with increasingly good results.).

Regarding chatting, I do have chatting partners in that I attend religious lessons and the people there
study and talk with me. I don’t know if these religious people are my friends, but I guess you can call
them at least acquaintances.

Another thing, if my physical form becomes steadily good, and I can go to health club often, I can find friends there.
Another thing I hope to develop, in case I have steady good physical form, is tennis - to play tennis at an amateur level. And perhaps I can get friends\acquaintances from this too.

2 Likes

I don’t have friends since i was a kid and i feel bad for it.
I try to make friends but most of the people avoid me, I have a app to meet people but I don’t have success.

1 Like

I have friends from school and church. I have gone in outings with them too and had a nice time.

2 Likes

yeah that does sound tough. hope you find some friends. there is always the forum, im around some in the afternoons and evenings if you want to chat.

1 Like

that’s great. there are many opportunities for you.

I’ve half a dozen friends I’ve been hanging with since early high school. A few went through psychosis with me so they’ve been there for the bad times for sure. Hard to get together these days but I see them individually through the year. Saturday week we are getting together for a regular half yearly get together. Should be fun.

2 Likes

sounds great @rogueone

I got friends for moral support, but when i would need help moving furniture I would be on my own.

1 Like

haha yeah same here. I don’t think they would like it if I asked a lot of favors. im sure they would help if they could and I would buy them a meal for their troubles. usually when I need that kind of help dad is there for me.

1 Like

Same here. The family helps out in need. At one stage they wanted to trick me in a home cause they thought I need to much help. I live on a different social level. In the past i had no idea that a little compassion like saying hello how are you can change the world for someone lonely.

1 Like

I think my best friend is my aunt and another SZ guy I just met here.

1 Like

It’s hard making new friends with this illness and being an introvert, but I have a few friends (4) that are really helpful when I struggle and I’m lucky to have found them…
So I have enough friends, I wish I would have more but I’m happy with the few that I have…

1 Like

I want more friends. At least a dozen.

Maybe this is a bit of youthful ambition that will peter off, but a dozen doesn’t seem to be asking for much in this world of 7.7 billion people.

1 Like

I hear from somewhere when you get married invite a hundred friends. In some villages in Europe a gathering of 200 people to celebrate something special is normal.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.