Schizophrenia.com

Do you have anything therapeutic that you do?

I play the drums. I haven’t played in a while because of stress and depression. Being on this site is another thing I do, that is therapeutic. Do you do anything therapeutic?

3 Likes

I like colouriging in and just going walks or crafts.

2 Likes

Just about everything I do is therapeutic: yoga, prayer, meditation, piano practice, Spanish study, reading, cooking, talking or visiting with friend, volunteering, watching Netflix and YouTube premium, Bible study podcast, watching piano virtuoso videos, etc…

3 Likes

Writing about my situation has been priceless. I wouldn’t be here without it, it has saved me countless times.

2 Likes

No. But I just started an intensive year long therapy program. This we there’s no group, but next week and from then on there is. I’m hoping it helps.

2 Likes

I go to therapy. I talk to people here. I’m not back to my creative projects yet, but hopefully over the next year I will be, and I can put a lot of emotion into those.

3 Likes

I hope you get back to singing again.

2 Likes

Me too. Thanks.

1 Like

I use my Rubik’s cubes, idk if that counts

2 Likes

Music, exercise and meditation. Exercise for sure helps me. I only recently began meditating again. It helps clear my mind. I just take about an hour of quiet time. It seems to help.

2 Likes

This forum, but what really takes me out of myself is working with my music, whether it be playing, working on instruments, writing patches, recording etc, it all takes my head to another place entirely. 2nd place reading.

2 Likes

Music (Its one of the most popular hobbies)

3 Likes

I’m into games and game systems. Still like reading D&D and wargaming books and mess around with a few systems. Finally settled on one to paint and collect the miniatures. It’s hard to paint the figures but I’m learning all the time and going to set aside time to do hobby stuff daily. I have too much on the go some days and it’s important to relax.

3 Likes

My therapeutic proclivities are mostly centered around music whether that be listening, reading, or playing an instrument.

Been hooked on the banjo for many moons now.

:notes:

2 Likes

I listen to music, read books and watch the news. Also, I go for walks and bike on my stationary bike.

1 Like