Do you have a PRN to take in case of emergencies?

I have a supplement which gives me muscle cramps if I take it regularly. But taken as a PRN it works wonders to calm me down and restore things to normal.

It’s beta alanine.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Now-Foods-Sports-Beta-Alanine-Endurance-750-mg-120-Veg-Capsules/13949

I had to take beta alanine yesterday and again today as I’m going through a really rough patch.

Do you have a PRN either pharmaceutical or supplement that you use in emergencies ?

2 Likes

sometimes I just take a higher does of my ap.

2 Likes

I have s0ome extra seroquel to take but it is mostly a prn for sleep. It really knocks me out

1 Like

I have Klonopin for emergencies only.
Thank goodness I haven’t had the need to use it yet.

1 Like

For anxiety: 30-60mg of High grade Lab tested CBD.

For psychosis: my old therapist gave me 0.5mg risperidone to use as a PRN, but at that dose and as a PRN I feel it doesn’t help.

I would love to have some Haldol or a benzo for when I’m not doing too hot. But my old Pdoc always just said “we’ll talk about that later”

1 Like

I have gabapentin PRN for anxiety, but I don’t take it too often because it makes me a bit loopy and I don’t like feeling high or out of control.

I take 0.5 mg of Klonipin prn for excessive anxiety or for insomnia. I only take it every once in a while.

1 Like

I don’t have a PRN on hand, but since i’m On xanax 1mg 2x a day everyday, she said I can take up to 0.5mg extra for days that I’m ■■■■■■ up.

But no AP to take. Waiting till end of March for the drug rep to talk to the Options clinic.

1 Like

No PRN here although we have tried Valium. Made me feel disinhibited so we stopped it. I keep a supply of l-theanine in the house

1 Like

I have Klonopin 1mg for prn. I take it a few times a month. My Pdoc allows me to take up to 10 in a month that’s how the refills work at least

1 Like

Xanax. I take it every night and so I usually don’t need one. One a day does the trick but I keep that and Geodon and Wellbutrin on me for emergencies.

1 Like

I take Xanax as a PRN. Have been 4 many years. Never touched any drug besides prescription. I’m happy wit my meds and overall combination.

1 Like

I have Diazepam. I take 5 mg every two hours when I need it.

I can go days without it sometimes, but I always have to carry it around with me just in case I need it

1 Like

Please be careful of the withdrawal effects! I’m stopping gabapentin and it’s the worst. :frowning:
I was taking it for pain instead, though.

1 Like

I only take 100 mg but yeah I know what you mean. I used to be on 900 mg and foolishly went cold turkey.

Welp. I hear ya.
You got this!

1 Like

That was seven years ago but yeah it wasn’t pleasant. You got this too! I don’t know how long you took it for, but the acute withdrawal didn’t last long for me. I can’t imagine how it must feel to return to the pain though.

I had to stop it because the atrophy has already run its course and it cannot be controlled. Pain med isn’t going to help so it was best to stop it. After some time with MD, the pain stabilized so that’s a good thing at least. :two_hearts::blossom:

1 Like

I have prn Diazepam. When i’m starting to become catatonic and non-responsive, my partner will give it to me and i’ll eventually come around.

1 Like

I have diazepam if it’s anxiety related and Saphris if it’s sza related. Otherwise, I only take one of each at nighttime. I’m hoping to cut the diazepam in half soon, stay on that for a month, then get off it completely on a regular basis. Fingers crossed!

1 Like