Do you have a panic disorder?

Is it normal for panic attacks to last hours. I’ve been experiencing them more lately and it is starting to get in the way of my life. Now I find myself avoiding things I can identify as triggers

I’ve had panic disorder since I was 5 years old but thankfully the panic attacks have faded out during my 40’s.

1 Like

@Wave how did u manage them

1 Like

Unfortunately I avoided certain places (triggers) and later developed Agoraphobia because of this.
Taking benzos like Klonopin helped me a bit.

I used to manage panic by going to the gym and working out as hard as I can. They’re back now because the gyms have been closed and I got lazy.

I break out in hives when I have to phone for a pizza.

I had severe panic disorder before my sza developed - it was my four year prodromal phase. Had it all through high school before my breakdown. As time went on and I was on meds the panic attacks went less. But nowadays I still get them occasionally several times a month.

Once in 2011 I had a panic attack that lasted for three hours. It seemed that that was the beginning of my relapse into sza the following year. Since then I’ve been on meds.

I found the best remedies for panic attacks is deep slow breathing and prayer and positive self talk. Also if I need it I take a valium or Ativan

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.