Do you hallucinate?

I’m stable in the sense that I’m not delusional, but I still have hallucinations all of the time. I thought that was normal for schizophrenics, but my mom said it’s not. Now, I get that my mom is trying to help or whatever, but like, she hardly ever knows what she’s talking about, no offense. She thinks she’s some sort of genius that understands everything, but she’s kind of stupid sometimes, to be honest, not to mention rude and disrespectful. But anyway, that’s neither here nor there.

As for my question, do you still hallucinate, and if so so, how often? Do you consider yourself to be stable, or are you on shaky ground?

1 Like

I don’t hallucinate but I never have. (Or hear voices). I’m stable.

It’s possible a med change would do the trick for you.

1 Like

I consider myself stable but still hallucinate pretty regularly.

1 Like

They’re not disturbing like when I’m not stable, though.

1 Like

Right, yeah, me too. They’re just neutral now, not negative or positive, and they don’t really make me delusional anymore either.

1 Like

I don’t want a med change. I haven’t been this stable in literal years.

1 Like

I hear faint voices when I’m stressed. The first couple of times I couldn’t make out what I was hearing just sounded like talking. But the last two times I could recognize whos voices they were but still couldn’t make out full sentences. This suggests that that they are making their way through each time I get more and more stressed.

Do you get faint voices @Sardonic?

1 Like

Wait, so how do your delusions come in? My voices would say stuff that pushed me into delusion.

1 Like

That happened with me as well

I get faint voices and clear voices, but the clearer ones usually sound closer to my ear, while the faint ones sound like they’re coming from somewhere in my environment.

1 Like

Do you notice if anything triggers them?

1 Like

Lack of sleep and emotional dysregulation.

1 Like

Off meds I just slip into a dream world. Or a nightmare world should I say. I gradually lose touch with what’s real. And I make up my own reality which always seems to involve the occult in some way.

Are you this way all of the time? That must be exhausting. Do they subside when your level headed and well rested. I’m worried mine are gonna come back fully after an traumatic event like loosing my mum

I’m on risperidone, 3mg, and I hallucinate almost daily. The pills reduce the severity of them, how often they happen, and how powerful they are over me.

Voices mainly, but sometimes visual. Waves of psychosis, often times amplified by stressors like lack of sleep, stress, sickness. I’ve learned some of my triggers over the years.

1 Like

Yes, I do hallucinate, auditory 3 or 4 times a week, visual 2 or 3 times a month

I don’t hallucinate very much, but the world is very distorted to me so it seems like a hallucination.

I don’t have delusions but I hallucinate pretty frequently. They are usually positive or neutral and don’t issue commands. Every now and then they get mean and do everything I say they don’t, but that’s pretty rare usually one or two nights out of every month.

A lot of people connect delusions with schizophrenia but I think it’s just as connected to hallucinations. I mean lots of delusional people don’t hear voices, so it should come as no surprise that the opposite also happens.

1 Like

I’ve got no symptoms when I’m stable.

Yup, sometimes I see words or sentences in words. Sometimes they make sense, sometimes they dont.

Hello son … ate ?