Do you guys go out with Omicron around?

I don’t go around people much. We may have a family get together so we’ll eat out here and there.

I’ll be able to get my booster soon in February.

3 Likes

I got my second shot and 3 days later i had covid.

1 Like

I have no idea how I have got away without catching Covid these past 2 years…

Seems bizarre to me

Still go out, but it’s limited as it was before anyways

4 Likes

I couldnt care about omicron anymore. Tired of this covid horse shiit now. Had the vaccine and wear a mask in public but my life carries on as usual.

Dont have time to worry about covid anymore. If i die from it then i die from it.

6 Likes

There is little point in trying to protect yourself from this, other than to slow it down a little to prevent society from becoming overburdened.

1 Like

I think you did your part - I can care less about mandates - just know its out there and everyone’s decision is there’s to make. But hospitals are still slammed by omicron regardless of policies. People sick not working disrupting supply chains.

1 Like

I have had the omikron covid infection, i was sick for four days and two days to recover after the infection, the symptoms was like a mild flue. All the other people i know who had the omikron, even old people, haven’t been as sick as with the delta variant.

You shouldn’t be too scared to get infected. The infection is in the throat, not the lungs.

1 Like

I live life as usual.

I mean, I’m a little bit of a homebody, but I go out everyday.

We’re all going to get this Omicron ■■■■ so I don’t know the point in fighting.

Both my parents, both vaccinated with boosters, just got it and have recovered.

4 Likes

I still go out. I wear a mask and have had three doses of the vaccine. COVID is here to stay.

1 Like

I go outside once in a while to get groceries or pick up movies at the library.

I’m all vaxxed up and wear a mask in busy public places.

Honestly I’m amazed I haven’t caught Covid yet.

2 Likes

The standard of care in our hospitals has been reduced by more than half right now and they are triaging people with a lower chance of survival because of the sheer number of patients they have been flooded with. Hella bad time for someone with a slowly failing heart to wind up in ICU. I still have options, but they are likely to skip over them right now and just let me die if I get very sick with Omicron.

3 Likes

It is a horrific situation.

I agree,

I do what I can to prevent it, got the shots, wear a mask, all that stuff.

I didn’t mean to make light of COVID,

Just saying most of us will probably get such a transmissible variant.

Agreed, but I’m trying for good timing for once in my life.

2 Likes

I have classes on campus and I have to take the train and the bus… I just wear a mask and wash my hands and use hand sanitizer… in the lab class there are 20 of us… there is not much social distancing going on there… the lecture is in a big room so we are spaced out there.

3 Likes

The pandemic hasn’t changed whether or not I go out.

2 Likes

i go out in nature
i briefly go in shops masked i visit my mum who has the same precautions
been to restaurants 4 x in 2 yrs
no social indoors
i do social distance at all times
recently had visits from psych team

i think we have about the same risk of dying as an 87 year old would
if we go in hospital it’s 50:50

those are the latest research

1 Like

I stay at home usually.
But when i have to go out,
I wear mask.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.