Do you guys go out with Omicron around?

I think I’m isolating myself a bit too much.
At least my father thinks so

I’m indoors at my house most days, except for going out to the occasional doctors appointment.

I’m kind of experiencing cabin fever.

Covid is rather serious

11 Likes

I mean it’s really contagious but if you have had all three shots, you’re pretty protected. It doesn’t scare me but if I wasn’t vaxxed I’d be terrified.

I don’t understand how people who chose not to get vaxxed aren’t scared.

11 Likes

I still go out. I just use a mask in the busy places

6 Likes

I never get out even before covid. Maybe a few times in the summer but thats it.

4 Likes

Yeah I told one of my unvaxxed friends yesterday when we were out that my uncle died from covid. He looked like he saw a ghost

7 Likes

I have an antivaxx friend who kept telling me how bad the vaccines are or how covid is fake, I told him I will block him if he talks about covid again with me. So annoying.

10 Likes

Yeah i know what you mean. My friend thinks acupuncture and vitamin c is good enough. Oh also ivermectin lolz

4 Likes

I isolate anyway so its not a problem, but we’re gonna start venturing out when we need something with n95 masks social distance and all that. I’m gonna assume any person around me can be carrying - just gonna protect myself.

7 Likes

The narrative for the anti-vax is usually political control or something.

Which it is good to be aware if government is being too controlling but beyond that it’s pretty conspiracy oriented.

6 Likes

I’m not too worried anymore. Feb 1st (2 days from now) will be 2 weeks since my booster shot and that is about how long they say it takes for the vaccine to fully kick in, so I’m pretty much at peak immunity for the coming few months at least.

8 Likes

I got an N95 recently cuz I heard them say on the news the cloth masks are less effective for omicron.

5 Likes

Maybe I shouldn’t worry so much.
Me and my father are both triple vaxxed and we both contracted Covid and survived.

We also use KN95 Masks.

8 Likes

I go out to buy food, meet friends and nurse.

3 Likes

Generally no. This is by direction of my cardiologist.

5 Likes

I pretty much go anywhere I want or need, I am triple vaxxed and wear a mask. Last week I had a sore throat and cough so I did a test just in case cuz I didn’t want to get any of my friends sick…it was negative, but I still wore the mask.

5 Likes

I’m triple vaxxed, I have been outside the house twice in the past month. Once, in the middle of the night I had to go to the ER with my mom because she was worried about her foot and couldn’t walk anymore. I am glad I went with her, and helped her through the ordeal. I went out yesterday; no one was really wearing masks and I felt awkward when I put it on in the waiting room…like people were scared of me or something because I was wearing it—might be just paranoia—

I wish people would wear them esp. because they arent being mandated. I have been around a lot of people though overall in the past since being vaxxed and It sure seems the vaccine works.

Speculation: I think the Pfizer vaccine prob lasts about 6 months at full effectiveness, Notice the people who dont get the second dose of the vaccine are sick with covid worse, I havent gotten covid at all.

5 Likes

I hardly go out at all and still managed to get omicron despite masking, social distancing, hand/surface sanitizing etc. Phooey. But despite no vacc it was no more than a bad chest cold with fever, so I must have a pretty kick*ss immune system :dna:!!!

3 Likes

Omicron goes out with me.

3 Likes

Tripled vaxxed. I only go out for groceries and doctor appointments. Me and my GF hardly went out anyways before Covid, so it’s not a big deal to isolate a little.

3 Likes

I wear an N95 mask when I go indoors in public spaces such as when I go to work, when I go to the store, etc. Covid is everywhere.

5 Likes