Schizophrenia.com

Do you give yourself credit?

I don’t seem to give myself credit for the things I can do. I just deny myself credit for things I don’t do well.

2 Likes

My initial reactions are usually to focus on what I can’t do. But I’m working on it.

I’m trying to tell myself I’m strong lately. Taking credit for when I succeed can be hard when I’m used to the alternative.

1 Like

This is a common cognitive distortion. It is wise to take the time to acknowledge your accomplishments and to celebrate your victories. Everyone needs validation to keep moving forward. It’s part of a healthy mindset in my opinion.

1 Like

Have you tried cbt? I think it is pretty common with negative thinking.

What’s cbt? 1515151151

1 Like

Cognitive behavioral therapy. It identifies your negative thinking and gets you to reassess situations with more positive thoughts.

1 Like

I’ve had regular therapy for a few months, but that got cancelled on me. They lost funding or something for therapy. It was based on hurricane relief. Basically I try to self therapy and cognitive train, but that hasn’t been working so good for me.

1 Like

I read somewhere they call this imposter syndrome. One of the many I’ve attributed to myself at times.