Do you give yourself credit?

I don’t seem to give myself credit for the things I can do. I just deny myself credit for things I don’t do well.

2 Likes

My initial reactions are usually to focus on what I can’t do. But I’m working on it.

I’m trying to tell myself I’m strong lately. Taking credit for when I succeed can be hard when I’m used to the alternative.

1 Like

This is a common cognitive distortion. It is wise to take the time to acknowledge your accomplishments and to celebrate your victories. Everyone needs validation to keep moving forward. It’s part of a healthy mindset in my opinion.

1 Like

Have you tried cbt? I think it is pretty common with negative thinking.

What’s cbt? 1515151151

1 Like

Cognitive behavioral therapy. It identifies your negative thinking and gets you to reassess situations with more positive thoughts.

1 Like

I’ve had regular therapy for a few months, but that got cancelled on me. They lost funding or something for therapy. It was based on hurricane relief. Basically I try to self therapy and cognitive train, but that hasn’t been working so good for me.

1 Like

I read somewhere they call this imposter syndrome. One of the many I’ve attributed to myself at times.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.