Do You Get Suspicious of New Posters?

Totally bang on assertion of our fundamental constitutional rights @anon39054230. I couldn’t agree with you more.

And another thing @rogueone, reasonableness and justifications for understanding shouldn’t undermine our essential constitutional right to feel safe and United with our true brethren.

Basically what I’m saying is that if a person hasn’t been professionally diagnosed with schizophrenia then they should delete their account and get off this site and seek comradery in a forum elsewhere.

1 Like

I’ve always been of two minds on this topic which comes up every now and then.

I think the entry card to these forums really should be a diagnosis of schizophrenia.

However, if there are participants here who are suffering but don’t quite fit the label…but do share similar afflictions… and find relief and support on this website, then who am I to judge?

I’m not heartless. Our tent is big enough to welcome people with different types of mental illness. It’s why we have a ‘Diagnosed Other’ category…for those who aren’t schizophrenic but share characteristics like psychosis…delusions…etc.

Point taken. I hate trolls.

Understood.

The Mods do a pretty good job of ridding this site of Trolls, though.

1 Like

Yes. It’s a different world these days. Back in the day it wasn’t healthy. We had people who didn’t have schizophrenia who really preyed and did things contrary to our community. I think those days are past but we still have peep’s who push the boundaries.

Trolls aren’t so much our problem anymore which is good. Still. Schizophrenia should be our primary concern and those who fall around the boundaries should be conscious of that. Thus some good moderation.

1 Like

Active moderation is good even though I’ve run afoul of it when I’ve drank too much.

2 Likes

I’ve had my share of suspensions over the years…actually lost count.

Does anyone remember when that “king Henry” account joined :joy:

2 Likes

One suspension that still bothers me is the name of the individual that is one of my triggers. I can’t mention that name on this site else the post is suspended even if it is mentioned in the context of a particular challenge I am having or had. I guess I pick the real big universal triggers or else they have picked me.

Yeah!

Dude was convinced he was Henry the 8th. He even spoke like him! I remember. That’s right up there with my Turkey Delusion from about a year ago! :joy:

1 Like

He used to go on about eating all the pies he liked :joy: made me chuckle!

2 Likes

The weirdest post I ever saw on this site? The woman said…

“My dog told me to ignore the alien in my closet”

I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry to be honest!

Glad I may have triggered that fond memory.

1 Like

That King Henry the 8th poster reminded me of the old cartoon of Friar Tuck at the dinner table…

ZviHgt

1 Like

I totally understand that one. I believe my ancestors and some very special aliens are in constant contact / oversight with me. It is a belief, not a delusion, well it doesn’t seem it’s a delusion but maybe it is but I like the idea so I’m ok with it. It’s one of several mental adjustments I have made to make it easy for me to develop and maintain a great marriage and reestablish great relationships with my family. That being said I’m not so sure pie eating is that funny. If he though he was King Henry XIII then in my world he was another kind of King Henry XIII.

1 Like

I know I shouldn’t laugh at others…but I also do laugh at myself quite often, so there’s that, I suppose.

2 Likes

Sometimes funny is just funny. There’s no harm in having a good laugh. I’m too serious most of the time and should be reminded of that frequently.

1 Like

Right.

My general rule is…“Is it funnier than it is mean?” Then go ahead and post it.

I walk the line quite often on this site.

1 Like

I just loved Friar Tuck and his big staff that he used at a bridge in the old 60s Robin Hood TV show.

1 Like