Do you get enough potassium?(POLL)

"In short, aim to consume 3,500–4,700 mg of this mineral per day from foods. People who need more potassium should aim towards the higher end. Summary: A healthy adult should aim to consume 3,500–4,700 mg of potassium daily from foods. Certain groups of people should aim to consume at least 4,700 mg per day.”

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

“approximately 98% of Americans are not meeting the recommended potassium intake. A Western diet is likely to blame, as it favors processed foods over whole plant foods such as fruits, vegetables, beans and nuts”

Bananas are good for potassium

I have no idea. I’d like to think yes

1 Like

My problem with your poll is that I dont keep track of how much potassium I eat. I think a lot of people may not keep track either.

1 Like

I only took about half of that recommended potassium and felt great afterwards yesterday.
I had two bananas, two baked potatoes, beans and oat cereal

I get my vitamins and minerals tested every 6 months and only add supplements as needed

2 Likes

That sounds like a lot of potassium how do you even get that much??

I’ll try to see how I feel after two cans of beans, two bananas, baked potatoe and rest with celery to get that 4700mg

“Heating causes the cell walls of vegetables to break down more readily and release vitamins and minerals such as potassium . … Cooking releases minerals, increasing the amount of potassium , calcium and magnesium available for your body.”

I’m gonna start eating more potassium foods. I bought a bunch of bananas today, peeled all 4 of them, but they were all rotten and bruised inside. So I binned them. Tomorrow I’ll get more from a different place.

It’s interesting about potassium, thanks for posting.

3 Likes

“If you keep saturated fat consumption close to zero, your blood sugar will stay low even if you eat all carbs.”

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/10/181025113142.htm#targetText=Researchers%20found%20that%20consuming%2030,no%20gain%20in%20body%20fat.

"Researchers found that consuming 30 grams of protein about 30 minutes before bed appears to have a positive effect on muscle quality, metabolism and overall health. And for those who have sworn off eating at night, there is no gain in body fat.”

i had some serious heart problems recently because my potassium was low. Too much coffee or tea can do that…

aparently avacadoes have even more than bananas

I have no idea either. I take a multi vitamin

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.