Do you frequent libraries?

Where I live in California, going to the library seemed to become popular again to a broader number of people during the last big recession (~2007). I got a library card at that time for the first time in many years.

Many of the cities in my area built new libraries around that time to be more modern and to replace old rundown libraries. These new library designs intentionally fostered a more scoial environment, with some including a cafe, an area for local art shows, etc. The new libraries also had open floor plans with large airy spaces, high ceilings, lots of windows and skylights to bring in the natural light, etc. I really like this more modern design concept.

3 Likes

No mainly because I have the internet. If I didn’t have infinite access to all kinds of info at home I would definitely be at the library though.

2 Likes

Lots of mentally ill and homeless people in public libraries today.
Many of my counselors over the years have asked me if I wanted to spend some time in the library.

My answer is always no.

They assume that because I’m mentally ill it’s a nice way to spend my time.

No thanks, I’d rather spend my time lying on my couch staring at the ceiling than spending my time in a library.

Edit: Not sure about other libraries, just talking about the libraries in my area

3 Likes

Speaking of libraries, at work today. Printing up posters for October/Halloween.

Here’s one I modified in Canva for our computer section.

7 Likes

@anon4362788, it’s tics…
Spiders have eight legs…
Browse the web🙂

3 Likes

I didn’t make the spiders.

3 Likes

Ok, sorry for my comment…

3 Likes

When i was studying i used to go often with my laptop.

2 Likes

No worries, just saying I didn’t make them. Didn’t even pay attention

2 Likes

I love going to libraries, I frequent my local one at least once a week or two. I take out books and magazines

4 Likes

Velocirapter went and whistled in my head. It even had an echo!

2 Likes

Sorry. Didn’t realize your ankle functioned like a clarinet!

Less exhaling next time I bite you. Promise.

:flushed:

2 Likes

Yes! I would be literaly dead without my library. It saved me a million times.

:smiley:

5 Likes

No I don’t go to library very often although when I do it’s very peaceful and calming atmosphere.

3 Likes

I love my library. I read when I’m not watching TV. My library has a function on the receipts that tells you how much you’ve saved on books that year.

4 Likes

I love my library also. But lately I have been using the internet service they offer called “Hoopla”. Lots of books, no return fees. It’s great.

3 Likes

I love my library!!

It’s so cool. They have tons of vintage horror books, computers, graphic novels, magazines, and dare I mention the pretty librarians who treat me like a human being? :wink:

But seriously folks, utilize your library! It’s one of the last democratic institutions that’s still standing.

Librarians have helped people find jobs, community resources, get people access to benefits, research their geneology, and they’ve fought hard against censorship of films and books.

USE YOUR LIBRARY!

:point_up:

5 Likes

While I absolutely, completely, 100% love all things book-related, the library nearest me isn’t in my township, even though the borough it is in is my mailing address. Consequently, they charge an annual fee for me. Instead, I pay for Kindle Unlimited. It helps, especially since I can’t leave the house. I’d love to go out to sit there for a while though, just to see if I can. Maybe the books could distract me.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.