Do you feel that you are

Yea… Sunny warm clear weather can have an impact. We are having a sunny day today which is unusual for September but it somehow does help somewhat

1 Like

Hmm. Have you considered just putting yourself out there onto a dating website. Sometimes they are successful, especially when one makes effort in reaching out.

I use pof and OK cupid.

Though I use it to find female friends instead. But I feel good knowing that I’m making a little effort.

I check in on it once per day or so

Somewhere in between I’m currently taking 3 classes at a pretty good university. Already got my associates I don’t know how I do it with all my symptoms. It’s not easy but so far I’m doing ok.

More thriving than surviving. Admit to having days where the physical health can be frustrating, but I do my best to push past it and have fun.

Surviving definitely.

Having fun like always tho.

:raised_hands:

But yeah, i don’t necessarily feel like surviving, more like scavenging or something.

1 Like

just surviving here, but good weather helps me enjoy life, and sometimes i tell myself im lucky im not miserable working a dead end job and have all this free time to live life slowly, although it can get boring sometimes

Yeah, I wrote about an experiment I did on dating sites, one of them was pof. I’ve been on a few Internet dates but they went nowhere. I don’t have a problem meeting or talking to women in real life, I’m pretty good at reading body language and women see me at grocery stores and other places and make it obvious they are interested and want me to hit on them, it’s just when I tell them I have schizophrenia they lose interest. There has only been a few women that were still interested after I told them but we ended up having nothing in common. I’d rather be single than in a relationship I’m not happy with. I’m lonely and frustrated, but not desperate. I’m probably a little too picky too.

About a year ago my ex from 20 years called me up and wanted to hook up, I told her that a few years after we broke up I was diagnosed with schizophrenia. I never heard back from her. That’s just an example of what I deal with.

how do you know that was the reason?

I sat down with Phil on the second day of knowing him, and told him everything, and he didn’t run away. He accepted it all.

he’ll tell me now, you’ve had a rough go of it, Sheri. yeah.

Because before I started telling women I had schizophrenia I did pretty well with women.

Plus the dynamics for men and women are different. Men seem to be more accepting of a women with schizophrenia, than women are accepting of a man with schizophrenia. Men want to spread their seed, women want the best genes for their offspring.

Plus it’s a fact that women have an easier time finding a man, than a man does finding a woman. Even if you put mental illness aside, the “Incel” crowd is almost exclusively male. It’s a rare woman that can’t find a man, but there are a ton of men that can’t find a woman.

I wouldn’t say it’s easier. Women face more danger then men do, or that’s been my perception. But passive women do get more messages, more attention, and more options, than passive men.

generalizations!!! my gawd.

I’m not saying there are not exceptions to the rule, but yes these are the general trends. It’s just the way it is.

Just use this forum as an example. There are plenty of women with partners, and plenty of single men.

I feel I’m just surviving. My life has become a bore.

I’m surviving. I’m being followed and recorded, I can’t think clearly, I can’t remember anything, I’m flat broke, and I’m tired all the time.

1 Like

I don’t want to classify my existence. I’m just taking it day by day.

2 Likes

Every breath we take is a gift

1 Like

I’m having a good time and enjoying life. Might not be forever but at the moment I’m thriving!

1 Like

I feel I’m just surviving. Everyday is a struggle.

But I feel trapped because abilify has kept me out of hospital for the last 7 years so I’m afraid to change meds.

1 Like

Im studying, im gonna travel, life is okay.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.