Do you feel satisfied and content?

I am working on becoming a lot more content with my life, and appreciate the people I have in my life.

I guess I had this issue since I was little. I can never have enough! I want more and more of everything.
Maybe it is my character but I push myself so much. I don’t really know what I want. That is the truth. If I knew what would work for me, I would have found a solution a long time ago.

Is this just a part of depression?

I have like so much more than what my friends have, so what is the problem?

3 Likes

I feel happy and satisfied with what I’ve got; all my things in my room, my talents, my looks,etc. I don’t shop much so I have enough money left for things I’m really interested in. I guess it’s my natural character. I don’t fit in with women my age because of it. Most women loves shopping. But it’s ok because I’m happy alone.

2 Likes

This feels like the aftermath of the trauma I went through

No, I don’t feel content and satisfied with my life. I don’t socialize enough and I don’t have a job. Good thread!

5 Likes

I like shopping because I have nothing better to do.

1 Like

I used to chat on the net all day because that’s all I could do.

As my illness got better, I started finding more and more interesting things out there. And I don’t chat anymore.

It was my illness.

2 Likes
2 Likes

No I feel the same way. I am never content. I live a good life, have almost no negative symptoms, am not worried about money, am young, have friends… And tell myself all I want is to make some pocket money to buy a car. Deep down I am not over it. Everyone sees that I went to Duke University and had a high gpa. I can get into grad school in any field I want right now. I always get hired on the spot. Yet I’m stuck with trying to find the simplest, least stressful jobs and community college classes I can think of. I set realistic goals for myself but deep down I want to be a success in the eyes of normies. Every time I get a job I wonder why I didn’t get a better job. I tell myself it is irrational to try to jump too high all at once but it is a deep seated feeling that I always need more. I recognize that this is unhealthy and is standing in the way of my goals rather than helping them.

2 Likes

Yeah, same reason I changed jobs. I quit a really good job to go for a better-paying one and I had such severe symptoms at the time that I could not do well at my job and I got fired in 2 months.

Don’t do my mistakes. Learn to be comfortable. When you are comfortable and safe, that’s all that matters really. The rest is crap. I don’t think a lot of people are happy in this world.

I don’t care about making a ton of money or becoming successful but basically, I have nothing better to do.

No kids, no love life, no family, a few friends, what should I do? Other than do my best to become succesful?

I have a good life

2 Likes

I’ll be content when my roommate stops bugging me. He’s thinking the same thing about me. Another nice day today though, it feels like summer here in California.

2 Likes

I think it is just the mindset. If I were in your shoes I would still be unsatisfied too. Anyways I don’t think comfort is what I’m after. The weather is good here and I rarely feel uncomfortable. I also feel the need to be busy all the time and feel the need to be employed more than I need a relationship right now.

1 Like

Yes I do, it has been a big relief for me to cut ties with the normal world.
I was not able to keep up with school and people, now I’m trying to get back into the world but in a much more limited and relaxed way.

3 Likes

I need an event to wear this dress

2 Likes

A masquerade party

1 Like

Content maybe. Satisfied no

1 Like

Idk. I have a few demons from my past I’m trying to exorcise. I think I’ll get there in time.

1 Like

Yes, I feel very satisfied and content. Even though I’ve been up all night and it’s now 200 pm in the afternoon and I’ve been up all day and I’m hearing mumbling voices now in the heating system. Doesn’t bother me.

2 Likes

I’m not at all happy with my life. I’m 37 and never had a girlfriend or done literally anything adult.

1 Like

sorry about that!

When did you get sick?

1 Like

I’m a walking joke. Nobody respects me, and they’re right not to.