Do you feel loved? Or Cared for?

Lots of other mental illnesses receive compassion, family, friends, doctors, special treatment, awareness campaigns.

Feeling left out as an illness where no one cares.

3 Likes

I still have a great family and support from them. I also have a group of friends I’ve known since the first couple of years of high school or earlier. I also have a shrink I first saw in 1993 but got back with in 1999 and he’s top shelf. Does a private hosptital and doesn’t take new patients. I get good care and emotionally I’m supported so Yes to both. They all know I’m sz and have problems but they do too after all these years.

4 Likes

That’s how it’s always been for me.

2 Likes

My husband, children, and immediate family all know I have schizophrenia. They still love and care for me.

1 Like

I feel the scorn and hate of the world.

1 Like

I don’t feel like there’s a public well of well intended empathy towards us. I feel ultimately that we’re seen as lost causes.

1 Like

I don’t share with people outside who I mentioned because I don’t think they would be understanding. None of my friends know I have schizophrenia.

3 Likes

I have a problem “being loved” cos i get all paranoid about it - and assume they have an ulterior motive. Im insecure as hell.

Many a relationship i have screwed up. There is one lady in my life, whom we say we love each other, but i wont ever let it get physical with her - i think it would complicate the relationship, and i would give too much of myself away.

Im a funny bloody creature lol.

My family and my friends know about my issues yet they still care about my wellbeing and they support me greatly. I couldn’t make it all by myself.

1 Like

I have one friend I think cares for me, and that’s it. I have no living family now except for my sister and her family.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.