Do you feel appreciated?

Just as the title says, do you feel appreciated for who you are and what you bring to other people’s lives?

4 Likes

Sometimes, sometimes not.

3 Likes

My mind doesn’t really circle around like that. It makes me happy when I can do something good for someone, but appreciated? That sort of presupposes that I’m interested in the impact I make on others. Outside of not causing harm, I don’t care.

1 Like

That’s a good take on it

2 Likes

Right now I’m feeling hated, which is okay, because I hate them. They’re trying to human traffic me. They’re trying to peddle my body for cash. They can go to hell.

1 Like

I feel appreciated by my family. Not so much by society. But I’m okay with that.

3 Likes

Not really, tolerated at best.

1 Like

Right this second, I think my best friend appreciates me. And that’s really awesome. I sometimes have paranoia that she pities me, or likes that I’m “broken” so she can feel superior.

I constantly feel like I’m a burden on my dad. I know that my dad appreciates my brains and talents, and right now, I can’t use them, so there’s nothing for him to appreciate. And that sucks.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear you have your best friend to talk to, and that you are appreciated.

I’m sure your father cares about you enough, to understand your current frame of mind. And things could always improve

1 Like

He says he is not disappointed, just that it breaks his heart to see me go through this. But I can’t shake the feeling… ugh. This illness sucks.

1 Like

Your Dad sounds like a great guy. And yes, this illness does suck the big one at times

1 Like

My dad is a great guy. I’m very lucky. He’s just one of those people whom everyone likes. He’s very generous and caring. (He hates a lot of the same people I do, so that’s helpful!)

If it weren’t for him, I’d be homeless, in jail, institutionalized, or dead.

1 Like

I’m glad you have your dad, he does sound awesome. I guess I feel the same way about my sister Jo-Anne. Without her, I would have been lost a long time ago

1 Like

That’s nice. I’m glad you have her.

1 Like

my family appreciates me yea i think…

1 Like

I feel appreciated at work, they gave me a 5% raise a couple months ago while I was still in the probation period, the other day they sent all the drivers home except for 3 of us (I was one they kept on for that day) because there wasn’t much to deliver. My managers are cool and friendly with me.

My parents appreciate all I do for them, they are in the 70s, my dad can’t drive and my mom doesn’t like to drive, so i take them to all there doctors appointments, do the grocery shopping, mow the lawn, etc… My mom tells me how lucky they are to have me.

So yeah, I feel appreciated.

2 Likes

Good stuff!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.