Do you experience less voices when you are happier?

I’m trying to naturally reduce some auditory voices by applying plenty of serotonin producing foods, quitting serotonin blocking coffee and taking sun whenever I can.

1 Like

My hallucinations tend to be positive when im in a good mood

3 Likes

I am happier when I don’t hear voices.

If you want to reduce voices via diet, the amino acid to avoid is tryptophan, since that ups kynurenic acid production, which antagonises NMDA and causes hallucinations.

Niacin will reduce the conversion of tryptophan to kynurenic acid via the production of kynurenine 3-monooxygenase, an enzyme that slants tryptophan metabolism away from kynurenic acid towards more useful metabolites.

The most liver-safe, non-flushing kind of Niacin is Inositol Hexanicotinate.

1 Like

No, they come when they want to and ruin my day and I can’t punch them or have them arrested like I could with a stalker, so I get pretty freaking steamed.

2 Likes

I don’t hear inner voices anymore, but when I was ill, I was really happy even bursting out lauging.

Don’t hear much voices on meds, but i randomly laugh if i’m happy.

1 Like

Yes the voices only come when im anxious or depressed now

@naturallycured I was reading that low potassium can cause hallucinations, psychosis and depression. Do you know something more that could help with hallucinations and depression? I’m already taking magnesium with chocolate milk

All I have for hallucinations is Amyloban, antipsychotics, Niacin, and dairy / protein avoidance (prevents tryptophan uptake.) For depression, I like carb loading, since it increases serotonin, and also taking a good B-vitamin. You may respond well to an SSRI antidepressant if you are an undermethylator, though I would consider that a last resort.

I’d see a good GP or naturopath to determine whether you are an overmethylator or undermethylator, since a few changes could make a big difference in your well being if you are either.

This is an article by a GP about undermethylation, it might give you some insight.

1 Like

I guess I’ll do more bananas and raw cacao nibs. You need carbs with magnesium for serotonin release

1 Like

I can already notice that milk was bad idea. Started hallucinating faint voices in my head. I don’t get the same with coffee

Got into good mood with energy but feeling dizzy. This is going to take some time to get into balance with electrolytes and carbs

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.