Schizophrenia.com

Do you ever

Look at all your meds and just want to take them all at once?
I struggle with this often.

No! I take what a dr gives me so that is cool because I trust them but with that I trust what they say!

That gets complicated. I’m nearly 50 and I’ve my mental drugs and I’ve my physical drugs. I also have other issues that need meds and that is just another thing for me to do.

I trust the system and it’s helped me. I have my morning and my night pills and I used to have taken as needed pills but I like some structure and organisation!

Keep on fighting the negative and just get organized. If your struggling for depressive thoughts you need to address that post haste!

1 Like

I do when I’m depressed sometimes.
But I always remember what someone told me once.
Life is so short, why make it any shorter…

5 Likes

I won’t do it but I get an urge. Its tiresome

Yeah unfortunaltey - i have done. I went thru a very long spate of being impulsive and acting on my emotions and taking all my pills. Its not even if i wanted to goto the hospital, I always discharged myself early after waking up in the morning. Terribe bloody attention-seeking habit it was in hindsight.
So been on weekly scripts now for years - cos i cannot be trusted lol.

Yeah… Sz people have a tendency to have addictive personalities… Or do you mean you’re so sick of it?

1 Like

Yes. And I have many times. And it’s not good. A couple times I almost didn’t make it. I really hurt my family and I’ve sworn off doing it again. Although it’s in me somewhere floating around that the next time will be the last and I hate having that in me. But I take a medicine that really cuts down on those thoughts so I just keep taking that med and hoping.

1 Like

I get that feeling sometimes. I remind myself what it would do to my family if I did that and how embarassed I’d be if I survived and had to face everyone, and the feeling passes.

4 Likes

Only when I go on a drinking binge…alcohol can make it feel like the only option which is why it’s so important I stay sober.

3 Likes

I use to think that often. It’s a struggle to fight those thoughts

1 Like

Yah I get that, especially when I’m feeling unwell and just want to sleep. Then I think about the repercussions and it goes away.

2 Likes

Yes, sometimes. But I know it wouldn’t be good.

2 Likes

I never do…

1 Like

U should go on injections if that’s the case

2 Likes

Yeah I have a stare down with them sometimes but I’m like @Nova I’d be sooo embarrassed if I came thru I couldn’t stand it

1 Like

Are you wanting to die when you want to just take all your pills?

1 Like

Clozapine has no injectables

1 Like

Just being given the idea

Oh no. I didn’t mean to give you the idea. Please don’t think like that. You’re highly valuable and your kids need you and love you.

1 Like

I used to do this as well. As soon as I come to I discharge immediately. Sometimes it was at weekends though, and they sectioned me and wouldn’t let me leave.

I tried once to kill myself with Olanzapine, but it didn’t work

2 Likes