Do you ever worry you have sz or bp

These estimates vary because of the difficulty in separating genetic and environmental influences, and their accuracy has been queried

However, DSM-5 points out that most people with schizophrenia have no family history of psychosis

Would much prefer some evidence instead of observations

1 Like

That means nothing, you can be carrier of inactive genes. Believe whatever you want, I am not taking the risk. I have 2 friends who are twins and they both developped sz around the same age.

1 Like

Still if you have sz you’re not in this category as the heritability risk of having a child with sz still applies.

1 Like

I worry as the stigma is still there and I am bound to have another psychosis. Its inevitable.

1 Like

Did I hear this right? What do you mean by this?

1 Like

I worry about getting sz sometimes but I try to think positive.

I don’t have a perfect lifestyle that’s why, and I am predisposed.

You post some random observations and i quote one and you say it means nothing lol?

No one knows what SZ is or where it comes from so stop talking shiit about me taking a risk and its genetic. You have no degree in anything medical so stop constantly trying convince people its genetic and running down anyone who thinks about having kids with SZ.

I prefer to listen to my doctors and the psychiatric researchers.

2 Likes

Sz heritability has been proven, look in my links and online, regardless if your parents have sz or not.

1 Like

Sure, just insult me and blame me for my sz. What a great person you are!

@anon39015889 Are you for real?
@Aziz He’s just a bully. His posts have been to tell everyone to get their ■■■■ together and its our problem we have problems.

2 Likes

No its not.

Its irritating hearing shiit that we cant have kids constantly by him and we taking this huge risk and we somehow cant live this normal life cause we have SZ.

I dont know what you on about, kinda think you talking nonsense

Where did I say to not have kids? I just said there is a risk of sz. I never told anyone to not have kids.

You permanantly mentioning genetics and how its a risk having kids. Its annoying and its just all round negative to people who have had kids here.

Go well and good luck

I think its time for me to move on.

I truly wish you well

Anyways, I wish you well. Myself I said I would have kids with a normie bcz the risk is low, 13% but not with a sz person as the risk is 50%. People do and can do whatever they want. I don’t care.

@anon39015889

You just told someone they have no negs.
Last night you told someone suffering from negs - get over it and find a hobbie.
Literally i held back last night cause i didn’t want to cause a scene.
You’re out of control not helping people

1 Like

Ok im becoming toxic now and didnt mean that last line

Sorry if i offended you.

It is time for me to move on from this arena so i hope you find peace and health and all the good things.

Don’t worry about stigma , people don’t care they got there own problems to deal with…

There’s a very few percent of uneducated people that might have stigma for it but I guarantee those type of people probably don’t even like themselves lol so who cares what they think.

1 Like

I have schizophrenia, and 4 children. I had 2 before the diagnosis and 2 after. All of them are amazing and im a good mother. My oldest is about to turn 18 and shows no symptoms of sz. I know it could still come later, but i try not to focus on that, i focus on all the good stuff and supporting them for who they are now. Future-tripping wouldnt help anyone. My dad had sz and im glad he still had me and my sister. My sister does not suffer from mental illness, just me.

1 Like

Getting ghosted for having this condition is the worst feeling. I confessed to one friend which immediately ghosted me, and never again.

1 Like