Do you ever look forward to taking your meds?

Today I looked so forward to taking my meds.

Working so hard taking care of my parents.

May they medicate this medical issue

4 Likes

I keep lowering and increasing my dose on my own, I am unstable with taking meds. I wish I was off meds without psychosis

2 Likes

I will be without meds and without psychosis when life is without stress

3 Likes

I am pessimistic, I think that will only happen to me after I die.

2 Likes

I told my dad I am stressed once and he said what is the stress in your life.

Nourotypicals dont see my life as stressful to them

2 Likes

Yea my parents used to stress me to push me into work. Now they dont

2 Likes

My dad kept telling me to work he says my disability payments is as I will put it like pennys to him

He never gave me any money since I got disability payments.

2 Likes

Life is work Death is rest

2 Likes

I do. Not really look forward but like to make sure I take them at the same time everyday. So I look forward to the process or following the treatment the best I can. Idk if that makes sense.

1 Like

Yeah. It’s this.

I need to take them because it’s like any other health med I take. Have cholesterol. Take a pill for that. Have gout take a pill for that. I’m insane without medical intervention so I take pills for that.

I don’t enjoy it but I do it because it leads to better outcomes and I subscribe to this sentiment. Take same time everyday and work from there. It gets your body and mind going so it’s a good strategy and it’s easier to remember taking them.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s hard to describe. I guess I kinda look forward to it but not in the sense that I want to take it early. I look forward to it though in some way.

1 Like

I think you said you take Perphenazine. I have been taking it since 1995. Today I took 24mg at 9PM

2 Likes

i was looking foward when i took amisulpride. i dont really like abilify now

1 Like

I have been taking low dose Abilify since 2018. Today I took 7mg and 7PM. I love it. It removes my bad feelings that the voices were causing me before I started. I started at 2mg and went to 5mg and now am taking 7mg as add on to my 24mg Perphenazine.

1 Like

When I’m completely psychotic there’s nothing I appreciate more!

1 Like

Oh man yeah
I was going through my first, and hopefully only psychotic episode 13 years ago

My dad was pressuring me to get out of my room and go find a job…
Every single day! He’s very old school and clearly didn’t know what I was going through. Everything was "just in my head*

2 Likes

What a Dumb Question. No one - looks forward to taking their meds. Yeah sure - we all love the bloody side effects.

1 Like

I look forward to taking my meds. I feel like I’m doing something right. That this is going to help and taking them on time regularly is even better.

1 Like

Sometimes i do. i like the calmness.

1 Like

I take 5 or 6 different sedatives including APs and it helps me relax.

1 Like