Do you ever just think to yourself ‘this sucks’?

I’m supposed to be asleep right now. I have to get up early tomorrow and get to debt court.
But can I sleep? No.
I try to focus on the positives, but tonight it’s hard.

I can’t stop thinking about how physically uncomfortable I am. I’m itchy and warm and nauseous.
And my financial situation is crap, my relationship with my friend keeps going south, and I just feel tired of struggling.

I want to sleep. I should sleep. Instead I’m awake thinking about how much things suck.

You ever do this?
Got any advice for me on how to stop it?

1 Like

Turn your PC/phone off.

I fail to see how that would break my negative thought spiral

1 Like

It would lessen it, I assume. Being on this forum is just making you think more of it.

My therapist told me if I can’t sleep, get out of bed and do something until I feel sleepy. Lying in bed creates a negative brain to bed connection.

She also told me when the negative thoughts begin, try changing positions. It usually helps, though I toss and turn for a bit.

2 Likes

This happens to me a lot. Having something to do the next day makes it worse. Do you have any obligations after court in the morning? If not, maybe you can take some comfort in knowing you only have to make it through a short while before you can go home and relax?

1 Like

Debt court would make anyone nauseous. The only thing that helps me when I’m on edge is putting headphones on and blasting my favorite music. You could try benzos if you have some. I’m concerned about what’s going to happen to you after court say you get a bad decision from the judge and your sz flares up. But yeah. I honestly get suspicious if things aren’t a little sh!tty. Best wishes Berru.

I usually try to wait things out. But if that doesn’t work, I try to find something that fills me with hope, or even better yet, I do something that interests me, such as music.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.