Do you ever jump

Do you ever jump to conclusions? I feel like I not only jump to conclusions, but my brain does acrobatics over small situations. I hate it. It puts a damper on things, when all I’m trying to do is have a good time.

Yes, I do. Often. I don’t like it about myself.

1 Like

Yes. Especially with my husband and it’s upsetting for both of us. My mind never settles into content-mode. It’s always ready to catch someone at something…

1 Like

Yes, I think many people with schizophrenia have this problem; more than so-called “normal” people.

1 Like

Yes, I do. And to make it worse I get to thinking it and often find it hard to change my mind about things.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that. I feel like this makes others avoid me.

1 Like

I don’t think people avoid me but it does make interactions awkward when I assume the worst about people. At least I’m aware of what I am doing and I try to correct myself.

1 Like

My kids and ex husband popped by for a few minutes and the whole time they were here I thought they were upset with me. They weren’t. They just all had a long day. But I perseverated about it and then it kind of wrecked my mood.

2 Likes

I learned a new word today @FatMama. I had to look up perseverate

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.