Do you ever have images pop up in the room?

Like gross images that wont go away

2 Likes

I have images that pop up in my mind only

1 Like

I used to have that all the time,

CBT really helped me with them, and some other similar things.

Now it doesn’t happen as often, but when it does its like CBT-proof,

So, now I’m trying to find a new therapist.

Its upsetting, terrifying, and most of all, distracting.

I would really recommend implementing CBT and sticking with it.

My problem Rex with CBT is that i can never believe what the psychologist is saying.

I believe that they wasting my time and are not qualified to help such a beautiful creature as myself.

I have tried, it just never works.

I wanted to make a post about this today.

I have ‘images’ popping up in my head like inserted images out of nowhere at night when I am trying to sleep.
It does not bother me much because I know they are only my imagination.

Does it bother you?

I wish I could draw these images because they’d make some fine pieces of art.

Yeah I have the same thing right before I sleep. And like an electric shock feeling like im being zapped

yes I have images pop up in the room. I remember one time I was trying to go to sleep and I imagined a merry-go-round and a full sized merry-go-round popped up in the room and wouldn’t go away. I also had a Nascar race track, cars included in my bedroom one night. The cars kept wizzing past my head, oh and the bed was in the middle of the room. I couldn’t wake my husband. That one kinda scared me.

Intrusive thoughts? Or more like visual hallucinations?

Both at the same time but im speaking of visual hallucinations

What is hallucination anyway? do you visualize things with your eyes open?
I have negative intrusive thoughts like a nagging voice in my head which is on repeat mode all day everyday.

But images is my imagination I had since I was little. Just random ugly images or ideas popping in my head. They are sometimes very beautiful.

1 Like

My symptoms always get worse just before going to bed. As I am falling asleep. I think it has to do with our conscious mind/prefrontal cortex losing control.

1 Like