Do you ever get tempted to stop taking meds?

Pretty sure this is for gout? Imagine a goat farm getting dosed on gout pills? LOL. :smiley:

2 Likes

haha…well picked up. Doing ten things at once and my goat was playing up :slight_smile:

love your work and thanks for the correction! Gout is my affliction and is painful!

2 Likes

Just attempted it for the first time in 20 years. Can say it was not a wise choice, even if I thought my reasoning was a good one. Any how, back on drugs, this time the pdoc listened to me about my complaints about the medication and put me on something different.

yes, and i have stopped, many times.

lately it’s been no desire to stop. actually the opposite, wanting more medication. feeling terrible.

1 Like

İ stopped only one time when i was on clozaril because side effects were unbearable.first 1 month were honeymoon.i gave 20 kilos i became in more shape and my wife sexually interested again with me.later i started to not sleep.then i became to forgot everything even the handbrake of cars.later i started to couldn t read at all(that was kind a interesting though).then i started to hear my own thoughts loud when i m thinking and gave up and started medicine again.i never quited again since then.

I remember reading here that someone was off their meds for like 6 months before he had to go back on them. It would be interesting to know if theres such a thing as enough time off meds to be labeled as healthy. Maybe if you get through two falls then you’d be ok. Being healthy is definitely not defined when meds are off your system, it’s more complicated than that.

I was off for 6 months before displaying symptoms last year. I was purposefully detoxxing from Invega to go on another med. My provider was aware.

1 Like

nuh i don’t want to stop my meds anymore… i’m not really tempted to either… i feel ok on my meds and i know things get a lot worse when i’m off meds.

Nah. My meds are lifesavers.

I’ve haven’t been tempted ever since I switched to Abilify. I really feel bad without it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.