Do you drink?

I don’t drink every day and I’m learning that alcohol is only a short term fix albeit an expensive one. I have this thing that if I buy a twelve pack at 8.1% a can I need to drink the whole twelve pack. I’d space them out but now I’ll only buy one bigger can and once that’s gone then that’s it.

I still feel I can do better. I went down a bad road but I’m starting to see the emerald City.

1 Like

Yes I do. Unfortunately it has become a habit since dating my boyfriend. It started out because he’d always have a beer at dinner, and he’d offer me a drink too so I’d have one. Then it began to progress…I ended up discovering that alcohol made sex easier…(I have a lot of trauma related to sex)…so I started to get drunk every so often. I realized being drunk made everything easier, sharing my feelings, not being overwhelmed by all the crap I’ve been through and helping me not to think about it or be bothered by it and just feel good… Then I started getting drunk 2-3 times a week and drinking at least one drink every day. It got to where my boyfriend was concerned for me and we had a talk about it.

I am trying my best now to cut back.

1 Like

I drink water, which I need in order to take my meds, so I suppose you could say that my drinking truly does help suppress my illness.

1 Like

I live from coffee to wine. The in between is what I call life.

2 Likes

Drinking made my symptoms worse. And I’m an alcoholic…no I dont drink anymore

1 Like

Used to drink quit heavy now most of the time just a couple of cans Guiness but not every night sometimes I just can’t be arsed with it, so drink water instead

I don’t really enjoy drinking as much as I used to, having a coffee sounds more enticing these days. Not that I don’t drink every now and then. I think as I am getting older I am starting to appreciate the thing about life being better in moderation.

I haven’t drank alcohol since 2009. So it’s been over ten years now. I was 39 when I quit. Partied hard in my 20s and 30s. 40s have been sober

1 Like

I quit years ago, it just faded away, did not like it anymore, don’t miss it at all

I have a shot of rum every once in a while but rarely

1 Like

I drink a few beers sometimes !

I self medicated with drugs and alcohol for many years. Got to the point I’d wake up in the middle of the night for a shot just to go back to sleep. I was killing myself with it.

Not any more though

1 Like

well I used to binge drink 4 or 5 times a week starting in college and that lasted until I was about 30. then I was sober for a couple years and my memory started to return to normal.

now I will occasionally have a red wine or a hoppy beer. like twice a month which I find relaxes me. I don’t drink to get drunk anymore, and lots of alcoholics in the family so I watch myself.

I drink on occasion. I don’t get a buzz anymore, so no point. When ido i have just 1 or 2.

I’m an alchoholic so I can’t touch the stuff. Sober for 5.5 years now.

2 Likes

Haven’t drank booze in many years.
I was never an addict.

No, I usually don’t drink, only in parties or special occasions…

I drink a beer or a glass wine from time to time.

I drink, sometimes more than I intended to, other times just the right amount. Trying to lose weight has really cut back on the drinking for me. Haven’t drank more than a beer at a sitting which is usually once or twice a week in 2 weeks.

I think that sentence made sense.

1 Like

I am an alcoholic so yes I used to drink heavily. Drinking did help with the voices a lot. But I don’t drink like I used to. If I drink hard liquor I usually drink too much. So I haven’t had that in many years. I do however still drink beer on occasion. I limit myself to three.