Do you dissociate?

What exactly is dissociation?

what types of dissociation are there?

When does it happen to you?

How do you manage it or cope with dissociation?

2 Likes

No, I don’t dissociate.

It has something to do with a disconnect between thoughts, feelings or whatever.

1 Like

I find that dissociation is the symptom of anxiety, in me

1 Like

I don’t know if i technically have a dissociation disorder maybe i have a ‘mild’ form.,…

1 Like

I dissociate when I experience any extreme emotions. Whether it’s happiness, sadness, stress, anxiety, paranoia. I feel like I disconnect from my body

1 Like

you even dissociate when you are happy?do you mean like manic happy?

1 Like

The last time it happened was when I picked up my gf from the airport. It was our first time meeting in person and I got so happy that I started dissociating. We had to sit in my car for an hour and a half because I wasn’t okay to drive

1 Like

yep this is why i am uncertain what i experience is dissociation or even mild dissociation

i am still able to be acknowledge that I am in my body for example i can still know that these are my hands

but,…,i just feel like i am not really in control of how i am behaving and it is disturbing because i can actually sense that i am not really in control and it lowers my mood from the optimum.

can you relate to that?

1 Like

Yes I definitely can relate, when I dissociate I feel like I’m watching myself do things rather than feeling myself do said things. It feels like I’m not in control and I’m on autopilot. Sometimes I don’t even remember what I did while I was dissociating after the episode is over

1 Like

Ya, I guess I do. I had dp/dr mainly dr (derealization). It was so bad I was practically ■■■■■■ up for 10 years every day from severe detachment, unrealism, and dissociation. I figured it was from trauma or something or pot and then I got the schizophrenia diagnosis and they say it’s a symptom of that…

It was like seeing in 2 dimensions and my consciousness or vision was in my head all the way in my brain and I was seeing through my skull from the base. It was like that. The graphics of my vision seemed bad and fuzzy and tunnel like with white snow visuals and poor acuity like less than my normal 20/20 vision. I have since improved trying and failing at supplment use. I figured meds, caffeine, and cigs and anxiety and ocd/philosophizing makes it worse…less is more or better…

It felt like a dream world for years and I coouldn’t reality test or feel things as real or physical.

1 Like

I think it is not very uncommon what i experience

It is like i am actually in control but the person in control is not the person i really know as me

there is such a thing as putting on a professional mask or such

so it is kind of like that but except that the mask i put on is not one that i feel relaxed and comfortable in.

this is what happens when i am struggling with anxiety

1 Like

I infrequently disassociate. It’s incredibly uncomfortable. I know it’s impossible to think clearly when I get like that.

1 Like

I used to dissociate badly. I would sometimes feel as if I was floating a couple inches out of my body. I would become clumsy even I was so disoriented. A couple times I saw myself at a distance. I don’t know if that was hallucination or extreme dissociation. Several times I sort of came to and I had no idea how I got where I was. One time it was in the grocery store and I was standing with a freezer door open and I had no idea how long I had been standing there or what I was after. So I just closed the door and walked to the next isle. I collected myself and realized I had a list and figured it out from there. But it was very hard and scary. Those were bad times for me.

2 Likes

glad you’re doing better :grinning:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.