Do you dislike over talkative people?

Do you? My mom sometimes can talk over anything and when she starts telling a story it includes another at least 3 side stories and Im already bored after the 1st one

8 Likes

No, those kind of people are great as I’m really bad at conversation. So I just have to nod and say “yeah” at intervals.

8 Likes

Lol! I’m the same way.

I hate small talk. I’d rather talk about films or books and music. :joy:

4 Likes

I enjoy listening. Plus I have terrible social skills so not talking much works for me

2 Likes

No, but at a certain point I would like to speak too and some of my friends just don’t get that. Or maybe my thoughts and problems are too much for them too hear. They want to hear yes, no, or I’m doing ok, and back to them. lol

5 Likes

Depends what people are talking about. If I’m interested in what they’re saying then I don’t mind listening for a long time.

1 Like

It depends on what they choose to talk about. If it is about something I find interesting I don’t mind. I don’t like a lot of chatter about the ordinary business of life, though.

1 Like

I just finished talking with my sister on the phone.

She had a nice chat.

3 Likes

My grandma also goes off on a tangent when telling stories. I somehow need to know where the person lives, who knows them, and the color of their house before telling me she ate a good meal at a restaurant.

:joy:

4 Likes

I love talkative people. I have a friend they can really talk. About anything on their mind. It’s quite soothing in a way. Like @everhopeful said I don’t feel pressure

4 Likes

Yeah I am one. 1515

1 Like

No, but it is hard for me to keep track of a conversation.

Personally I dislike them, my concentration and stress tolerance is not very good.

I want to learn how to talk endlessly…

I like talkative people. As said, then I dont have to talk.

I can’t stand overtalkative people who talk too much or too fast. I’d rather be alone.

People bug me no matter what they say

As I’m getting older I’m also having trouble conversing with others.
Everything kind of slows down.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.