Do You Cook Full All Out Meals?

Thanks Giving on Oct 12 here in Canada, just me but going to get a turkey and all the fixings and cook a big meal, there will be lots of left overs , will have meals ready for a few days.

Do you cook? Big meals?

4 Likes

Nah - i only cook properly when i got visitors, or usually its a take out , or a plate of chicken with no veg lol. Diets bloody terrible - i live off the Multi Vits.

I simply cant see the point in doing a sunday joint, with veg for example, when its just me on my own. :neutral_face:

1 Like

I download easy recipes and cook them. Nothing fancy, stuff like pasta, cheese, and potatoes. Or a pot of chicken stew or turkey chili. Since I only cook for myself I can make a pot of something and eat off it for a week.
But no, I don’t make the traditional meal with a main course, entrée, salad, vegetables and dessert. I usually have just a main dish and one other thing.

3 Likes

I do sometimes. Right now my son is staying with us and he is a pescatarian so I haven’t been cooking much.

I like meat. Beef, pork or chicken in every meal.

3 Likes

I can only cook instant pasta and frozen pizzas. I have recently learnt how to make hot cocoa and I really love this. I drink it (cocoa with hot milk) before I go to bed and it makes me feel spectacular. The key is to take the milk off the heat once it’s simmering and there’s bubbles in the milk, not when it boils which can be difficult.

3 Likes

I rarely cook full meals.
I’ll mainly do some light cooking or preparation.

Lack of motivation and everything.

2 Likes

I cook full meals a lot. For holidays I go all out. I cook large meals because we’re a big family.

4 Likes

yes I cook jambalaya in bulk…and gumbo too…once in a while I will make a tub of spaghetti and meat sauce…

2 Likes

I cook enough for 4 people 6 days a week. But they’re not huge meals

2 Likes

I cook for my parents every Wednesday night.

Kinda proud that I can now cook some pretty decent meals.

Done some sunday roast dinners for them as well a few times and I am getting pretty good at them

I use this for timings on my roast dinners

My food the rest of the time is for one, so rarely do I put much more effort in than a tuna pasta or a ready made meal

1 Like

If I cook it’s basically simple meals that require few steps and very little preparation. Anything more involved I get help with .

1 Like

I ■■■■■■■ hate cooking dinner.

Breakfast and lunch aren’t a problem. They’re easy. Dinner-not so much

1 Like

I cook pretty much every night. Very simple stuff though.

I love cooking because I can control my portions better and have leftovers.

I just hate having to do the dishes constantly.

3 Likes

My sister lives with me and we generally cook dinner (one of us) every night. I’m always the one who washes dishes though regardless of who cooks. We look what’s in the fridge and make a meal from that. Today though I made black bean chili. I didn’t have any meat to put in it though. Still yummy

2 Likes

When I was suicidal and psychotic (which was all my life basically), I ate mostly either restaurant food or quick, throw together food without veggies or fruit. Like a bowl of plain, Kraft macaroni and cheese, or a cold cut sandwich, or a cup of flavored yogurt, or a bowl of sugary cereal and call that a meal.

Now that I’m married and recovered on meds, my wife and I plan, shop, cook, and eat nutritious meals together always including veggies, fruits, whole grains, beans, seeds, milk, and salads.

3 Likes

I go through stages. Sometimes I just wanna have take aways all the time. Then I feel like getting creative in the kitchen haha. I prefer the latter :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I used to only eat vegetables on Sundays. When I went to visit my parents lol.

I’m better now. I eat more vegetable and I even started learning to cook meat on a stove.

I used to live off fast food and pizza pops , fruit loops cereals and stuff.

I used to get a stomach ache after eating vegetables and I’d feel tired. But if I ate a quarter pounder with cheese id feel great :joy:

1 Like

I love to do so. Soon I will be trying a Timpano

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.