Do you consider yourself emotionally intelligent?

I don’t consider myself very emotionally intelligent.

I find it tough to distinguish and identify my emotions. My emotions cause me a lot of anxiety. I physically don’t like the feeling of them.

I’m getting better with therapy though.

One thing they say about Gen Z is that they’re more likely to be emotionally intelligent, at least as compared to previous generations.

4 Likes

I don’t… verbalizing my emotions is really hard. I can write them down … but to actually speak them for people to understand is hard . Often comes out sounding stupid.

1 Like

Not really. Probably emotionally dumb. I’m agitated and swearing out loud a lot over videogames and past traumas. Maybe my meds are too low but i dont want more

1 Like

I embrace my emotions as they come…I am very sensitive so emotions rule my world unfortunately…my wife is always saying. “why are you crying?”

5 Likes

God your so lucky jukebox i wish i was like that.
Emotions are dimmed on meds for me but im happy about that because i realise without meds im on an emotional roller-coaster with eupd a personality problem. I can be cool as a cucumber on meds sometimes without my emotions getting in the way of my thinking

2 Likes

I am so happy a lot lately that I cry. I realize everytime I’m happy that I never would have known this happiness if I had been successful at taking my life in my two attempts. simple emotion of deep gratitude.

3 Likes

Thats awesome, you inspire hopefulness :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

yayyy…that’s what I love to hear…thank you !!

2 Likes

def not but im also labeled with autism so i dont expect to be

2 Likes

In the past. Not at all. I was raised weird. My parents lacked core social and emotional skills. Can’t teach what you don’t have. May have a dash of Aspergers too.

I’ve been real busy working through everything. And learning things like knowing and expressing emotions.

It helped. To the point people at times complement me with my social skills :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

But I’ll always be weird. Some emotional skills are like a second language learned in adulthood. And ptsd cause difficulties.

1 Like

i used to be, but the voices kinda made it so that nothing really shocks me and they forbade me from feeling love and gratitude for a long time by telling me i was killing someone whenver i felt love, so i am quite reserved. i sometimes feel deep emotions though, like when watching animal docos or moving videos

2 Likes

I do! I am not bad at communicating with people.
It’s one of the things, (I am rarely good at something) which comes smoothly to me. People feel comfortable around me and I love it.

Though I believe SZ made my emotional intelligence a bit worse, but not drastically

My skills in this area are so bad

I think that’s in your head. I think you have a high EQ

2 Likes

i think emotional release is really important for sz. which is why therapy can be helpful. it lets us revisit our unexpressed emotional experiences in a safe environment and grieve them. A good cry can do a great deal of healing. We have many neurochemicals floating around our brains and crying is the release mechanism for those.

3 Likes

i think i m emotional person.but intelligence not in it at all😞

2 Likes

I think I’m about average. I have trouble reading people sometimes. And I have trouble identifying emotions in myself. But I am very conscious of how others may feel and try to be considerate of that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.