Schizophrenia.com

Do you blitz Christmas morning?

It’s just a little 2 foot tree lol, but it’s all I had room for

1 Like

nothing wrong with a Charlie Brown tree haha still looks good

1 Like

How awesome, @leaf! I’m a major Christmas lover, too, though I don’t have my tree up. We have to move some furniture and drag everything down from the attic first. We won’t do it until about Dec. 2nd after my daughter has gone back to college from Thanksgiving break. On a happy note, I just got the cutest pillow to go with my other Christmas pillows. I’m also hoping to buy a small light-up reindeer for my front flower bed (which is empty except for mulch).

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-3784370/m-kennedy-home-faux-fur-polar-bear-throw-pillow.jsp?prdPV=1

2 Likes

My family used to rip everything open all at once. But a couple of winters ago, we started taking turns with opening presents. I proposed the idea to my family so that we can all appreciate our gifts better.

3 Likes

and how the idea turned out

When I was a kid, it was a blitz. We all opened presents all at once and it was so fun!!! Now, we open presents one at a time. Starting with the youngest member of the family and working up to the oldest. It all takes so darn long now. It’s kind of cool though because we get to see what everybody got.

1 Like

that’s what is enjoyable about opening one at a time. It makes Christmas morning last longer, and you can cherish it more. But blitzing is fun as a kid

1 Like

So, why do we deprive today’s kids of the fun of blitzing?

I have no idea. I’m guessing more often than not, kids DO blitz Christmas morning. And there’s nothing wrong with that. But there are no kids when I open gifts on Christmas morning, so my family enjoys opening one at a time. Just our tradition I guess :yum:

1 Like

Kids at my sister’s house had to wait until after Christmas dinner and then they had to open one gift at a time and I think that spoiled the fun for them. I don’t think Christmas was near as fun for them as it was for me blitzing Christmas early Christmas morning.

1 Like

yeah, that would be no fun having to wait until after dinner to open gifts. Getting up super early as a kid in anticipation was half the fun haha

2 Likes

We open gifts on christmas eve here, after the dinner and dessert.
Before dinner, we all pool the presents under the tree.

And when it’s time to open, the youngest person in the room randomly draws a present and gives it to the person it’s labeled to. Then that person opens it, and draws the next present. We keep going with that until all the presents are opened.

I’ve never seen the fun in blitzing.
I find it very nice to see someone’s reaction to the gift I’ve given them, and to have time to admire the gift I get before moving onto the next.

1 Like

I agree 100%. I spend quite a bit of time and money looking for/thinking of gifts for family. It’s nice to see them open it and admire for a little bit, then move on. It’s fun!

Anyways, opening on Christmas Eve sounds nice. I could def get used to that

Very Glad you chaps have a lovely Xmas - with your little bubbas, and the joy of seeing them open there pressies. But here personally - its just another day for me - cos i have nothing to celebrate. Those days are long gone im afraid.

The only upside is that the Tv programmes are more entertaining.
But i live with it - and take joy from other peoples Xmas days - knowing they are having fun. :slight_smile: Im “happy” with that.

1 Like

I am the same, except I start geeking out about Christmas on the 1st of November. Thanskgiving is like a dress rehearsal for Christmas dinner.

I’m a Christmasaholic, a Christmas lunatic!

2 Likes

when I was young we would blitz Christmas. now for Christmas, we go over to my sisters place and watch her kids open presents one at a time. haha what restraint. sometimes my sister will get me a gift, I think she feels obligated because I get something for her kids and her, last year she got me a ninja bullet to make smoothies. I would prefer she not get me anything but it’s nice when she does.

then later in the day, when we come home from my sisters place, mom, dad, and I will exchange gifts.

1 Like

Several years ago my mother passed away right before Christmas, leaving behind unopened gifts to be opened Christmas morning without her. It was terrible. It ruined Christmas for me for a few years, but this years finally I’m back baby. It’s glorious to be in the spirit again. But I may have jumped the gun a little lol.

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face:we open one at a time.
Someone hands the gifts out one at a time randomly I think.

Our Christmas tree smells so great and is real.
That smell is truly amazing and it’s always a beautiful looking tree that smells great and is then decorated.

I’m a vegan this Christmas.
I used to enjoy ham etc but I love the animals n environment more.

Wishing us all a lovely merry Christmas :christmas_tree:.

1 Like

We are Christmas Eve people. We’ll do the secret Santa thing like @HelenBack does. But growing up I think I have more eyes than the times we did a Christmas morning. I love watching my nieces and nephew open their stuff up.

2 Likes

I’m 58 and tired. I don’t blitz anything.