Schizophrenia.com

Do you blitz Christmas morning?

no, I don’t mean GET blitzed lol.

If you do celebrate Christmas, do you and your family open your presents all at once? Or do you open them one by one? My family opens presents one by one – this makes Christmas morning last longer and you get to see what everyone got.

Sorry for the Christmas post. I’m bored and just thinking out loud. :snowflake:

6 Likes

We divide 'em up, then open them all together. The kids do stockings first. I take pics while they open their presents, then hubby and I open ours.

2 Likes

There is an unspeakable rule at my house; whoever gets up first to open the presents makes breakfast for everyone.

My parents always win.

1 Like

My dad has a sort of present-opening ritual we all have to abide by lol: he hands us each all our presents and we take turns opening one until they’ve all been opened, then we clean up the mess posthaste.

2 Likes

that’s cool. I kinda like hearing how people spend their Christmas mornings. From people blitzing, to opening presents one at a time. Kinda interesting, to me at least.

Oh yeah, the post-present opening clean up. Always a good time haha

1 Like

My dad’s ex gf used to give the best stocking stuffers. Like lipstick from Avon that actually matched our skin tone and miniature Reese’s cups. When we were teenagers she bought us really cool clothes to wear to school.

2 Likes

We don’t open gifts on Christmas morning. We open them on Christmas Eve.

3 Likes

yeah, but do you blitz?

and what do you do on Christmas day?

@Treebeard

We do the opposite, we open gifts on Christmas morning.

No.

That’s just the day after Christmas here. Most people probably have traditions, but we don’t have national traditions on Christmas day, and we don’t even call it Christmas day.

1 Like

The only place I’ve ever celebrated Christmas was with my in-laws. With them, my sister in law always passes out all the presents and then we go around taking turns opening one at a time.

1 Like

2 Likes

Another thing we used to do (haven’t done it the last two years) is get together with extended family and friends and play swap-a-gift. How this works is everyone has to buy one gift for someone, but you can’t put the person’s name on the wrapping. Then all the gifts are put in a pile and shuffled. Each person picks a gift. If they like the gift they can keep it, but if they don’t they can swap gifts with someone else.

2 Likes

We pick one person to hand them out one by one to everybody else and we watch that person open their gifts. It often overlaps though and there might be two people at the most opening gifts at the same time. When I was growing up we all bought each other presents. Now we just draw names and each person just buys one gift for one other person.

4 Likes

that sounds cool, I’ve never heard of that

2 Likes

I wont get a lot this Christmas, i just want to be happy

2 Likes

We open one at a time and clean up after each present. Some years we played with a gift for a while then opened another. Really drag it out. I lovooooove presents. I love Christmas Eve and Christmas morning and the 8 days leading up to Christmas and any other excuse I can think up for giving someone a gift. I love wrapping paper and bows. I can’t wait. I already have my tree up and all the presents wrapped under the tree ready and waiting for my family to get here on Christmas.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Very cool! I was just about to ask you if you wanted to post a pic of your tree and presents haha. Yeah, opening gifts one at a time is the way to go, in my opinion :smirk:

2 Likes