Do you believe schizophrenics are gifted at some sort of work/voluntary work

im interested tohear your ideas

1 Like

I think I should go for an lpc rather than lcsw because it’s less schooling and I make up for the schooling with a great deal of life experience in these fields because of my Sz.

1 Like

I feel people with mental illnesses are able to understand more and more empathy…

6 Likes

Do you think it’s biological or we’ve just been humbled by our experiences more? :thinking:

2 Likes

hey @Jonnybegood wghat is Ipc and Icsw

Licensed professional counselor is lpc

Lcsw is licensed clinical social worker.

2 Likes

I think it’s more to do with experience…and we empathise because we’ve been through something similar and we want to help and that genuine need to help means we want to do more voluntary work… (i do not do it to be honest but if i could and had the energy i definately would)…

6 Likes

I agree. Was just looking at your perspective.

1 Like

I hope so as I am going to school for an applied psychology degree to be a mental health technician.

4 Likes

I volunteer and study part time.

1 Like

Yeah I’m gifted with labor work.

I believe I’m good at what I do, if not necessarily gifted. But, I visit with the elderly and the sick. I call up auxillary members of my volunteer organization to ask them if they still want to be involved. I help lead groups. I run my own personal outreach website. I also outreach on social media websites. I enjoy my volunteer job very much and I’ve been doing it for the past ten years.

2 Likes

I believe that every human being on this earth has a gift for something. As far as people like us go, I think any type of work where we can help others could possibly be a strongsuit.

I think about all of the great advice I’ve receieved on this forum. We can help because we know what it’s like to fight an ongoing war. We are all mind soldiers.

But every human being fights battles, unless they’re some sort of superhuman. And I don’t believe that’s possible.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.