Do you believe in an Afterlife?

I’ve had hallucinations of my sister pull through and have had vivid dreams of her being alive still. She took her life last year in Summer, she was only 22. I definitely feel like she’s still alive out there, somewhere… along with many others.

i have had some dreams that could only have been sent by my dad, i think God gave him permission to send me a message from the other side, i love those dreams.

2 Likes

The logistics of any type organized infinite afterlife would be staggering.
I vote no.

1 Like

Maybe he prayed & God intervened? Seems plausible.

No
. but just go to categories under your profile and choose what you want.

I’ve got this filed under, “I’ll worry about it when I get there.” Still kinda busy with trying to make it through my current life in one piece, thanks.

Pixel.

2 Likes

I have thought that our souls (our essence)are a form of energy which they (the scientists) say can neither be created nor destroyed but that can only change form, which in my view, would give credence to the belief in reincarnation. I fear that I will come back as some scurvy dog that gets beat by it’s owner all day.

1 Like

I doubt we reincarnate back into this plane of existence - especially as a newborn human or animal. It would make no sense, especially when you consider population densities, to continually send human or animal spirits back into this existence.

I hope we just transmigrate into a parallel universe and work on new lives & communities.

I really believe that life is a lesson of a kind and that we are here to learn how to live. There may be nothing else of real importance to do with life. It seems to me to be a constant learning experience , but I am really hard on myself and I have set my standards too high even for myself to achieve in this lifetime. So, life goes on in any case. I think that I would actually need to live forever to achieve the goals I have set for myself. I think that having such goals may indeed propel me onward forevermore. I know this may sound delusional, but so what.

1 Like

I have a paranormal experience. I can remember past lives. I think we do reincarnate back to this realm. There are scientific arguments supporting this. I don’t think there are magical or spiritual realms. I think reality repeats.

To think of the first iteration of life as a grand series of lessons is not at all “delusional”, it’s actually quite sound. Having to learn how to behave in order to be guaranteed freedom of life in an eternity is a good way to break in a new consciousness.

1 Like

idk whats wrong with just staying the way we are only without any problems and with the people we love in a special place.

One day a man said to God, “God, I would like to know what Heaven and Hell are like.”

God showed the man two doors. Inside the first one, in the middle of the room, was a large round table with a large pot of stew. It smelled delicious and made the man’s mouth water, but the people sitting around the table were thin and sickly. They appeared to be famished. They were holding spoons with very long handles and each found it possible to reach into the pot of stew and take a spoonful, but because the handle was longer than their arms, they could not get the spoons back into their mouths.

The man shuddered at the sight of their misery and suffering. God said, “You have seen Hell.”

Behind the second door, the room appeared exactly the same. There was the large round table with the large pot of wonderful stew that made the man’s mouth water. The people had the same long-handled spoons, but they were well nourished and plump, laughing and talking.

The man said, “I don’t understand.”

God smiled. It is simple, he said, Love only requires one skill. These people learned early on to share and feed one another. While the greedy only think of themselves… [Author unknown]

3 Likes

Yeah , I too see time as a resource , and don’t really want to get sucked in and waste it. Anyways , I know , I know thats my responsibility…

Just a filtering tool would make it easier

I have a rather specific idea of the afterlife that I cling to on and off. I’m constantly switching between depressive nihilism and this idea of the afterlife that I cling to because of fear of fading away into nothingness after dying (kind of ironic for a girl who has alternating beliefs between nihilism and a specific idea, eh?).

Here goes. After we die, we become reincarnated into another person. After various trials of dying and being reincarnated, there is an unpredictable judgement for the billions of souls that have existed on earth. Depending on their choices and actions in life, the souls will either be accepted into the afterlife or become eradicated. After the judgement, the ones approved for coming into the afterlife. We enter a place that is similar to earth, except there is nothing bad that goes on, like war or disease. Everything has fallen into place, and we go through our lives in the afterlife as we did on earth, except there is nothing negative. Cliche, but that’s how my idea goes.

1 Like

I believe, If you take care of the Truth, Truth is taken care off.

So if you solve Death then we live forever and

afterlife is like living a different life

There is a lot of material on the afterlife. I was a skeptic. I used to feel that we would cease to exist after death, but now I am a firm believer. It has changed the way I live my life. I am more patient, and more willing to let things go. I am less inclined to achieve things. I am more relaxed about death. I still have a fear, but I think that is an old emotion and will gradually lessen in time. I guess I fear about missing out on earth. But yes I believe in the after life. In actual fact I would say this life is the illusion and the afterlife is the more real.

3 Likes

Wow! This thread has a lot of replies! I am an atheist who believes in an afterlife. While I don’t believe in a Supreme Being, I do believe that our consciousness is a physical thing and continues to exist when our physical (visible) body ceases to function. I believe that there is a scientific afterlife. I also believe in Collective Consciousness and that we are all connected via CC. We are connected while we have a body and we will continue to be connected after we ‘die’.

1 Like

No one is 100% certain that there is an afterlife including me.

Zombie thread 666999