Do you believe in an Afterlife?

people can prattle on about science all day but they will never figure it out, its all about more than that, even before the big bang, science cannot and will not ever figure everything out, the enormity is limitless, like how much proof do you need?

1 Like

Iā€™m sceptical that there is an afterlife however Iā€™ve gone for the yes vote. I believe that our energy goes somewhere when we die and who knows that with a little luck we might reincarnate. I wonder if we would be able to recall this old life should reincarnation be possible.

1 Like

i dont think we will be able to recall anything if reincarnation was possible, i believe our ā€˜selfā€™ would be lost, which basically defeats the need for reincarnation in the first place,

like if it was real then are you saying that everything alive today use to be somebody or something? i dont believe i used to be someone else, i am what i am.

1 Like

Like I said @asgoodasitgets I am sceptical of the idea. I also donā€™t believe that we are reincarnated from someone or something else since we only know of one Big Bang so in my opinion I like think that there was only one creation or evolution, call it what you want, thus far. But what happens after our known universeā€™s existence? No one knowsā€¦

Come on now , if you knew anything about the research process you wouldnā€™t say that. With thesis and dissertations , you cant say stuff because , it feels right or wrong , or makes you feel good , its empirical , 'stuffā€™s got to add up , its interrogated by your peers and if your lucky you get published. Its all very rigorous , unemotional(well as much as that is possible) , and must be self contained with referenced credible sources.

Ahh to ā€˜knowā€™ something. Unless something is studied then in fact you ā€˜knowā€™ very little , hence behavioural and cognitive psychology and neurology.

OK I over-reacted .

Yes Research does need extreme intelligence or atleast needs a tremendous mind to focus for a long period of time.

But my point was that there is more to Analytical, Practical and Logical Mind - like Intuition, Creativity and Awareness. Heightened Awareness and Intuition and Creativity would take the mind into domains that generally a Mathematician or a Scientist would never go into. It is this particular Mind that is capable of finding out the necessary truths of our Existence.

Many Philosophical questions still remained unanswered:

a. What is the purpose of our existence?
b. What is considered to be Moral or Immoral?. What is right or wrong?
c. Why did we come here in the first place?. It was certainly NOT OUR CHOICE.
d. Do we have the right to take our lives or not?. Since we came to this universe WITHOUT our choice isnā€™t it right that we can go away?
e. Is there an afterlife?. What is the proof?.
f. Is there Free-Will or not?. Or is everything predestined?. Or is everything in random?. The last 2 possibilities is almost insanity.
g. What is the meaning of true Happiness?. Is being in a relationship Happiness?. What is Pleasure. Does Pleasure give us Happiness?.

Can Science answer the above questions?

Neurology hasnā€™t accomplished much .

they say that heaven is a place on earth but thats rubbish lol

1 Like

Are you serious, Science answers this question in so far as its possible.
b. What is considered to be Moral or Immoral?.
Are you looking for an equation , science makes judgement on facts , probability , etc
What is right or wrong?
Why is this sciences responsibility? Anyways , there are means of research enabled by the scientific method. Surveys ,Statistics, qualitive and quantitive data ,

c. Why did we come here in the first place?.
Maybe impossible to answer , science puts forward theories , assumptions , judgements , rational
d Do we have the right to take our lives or not?.
Its a philosophical , ethical , matter.
Since we came to this universe WITHOUT our choice isnā€™t it right that we can go away?e
See above.
Is there an afterlife?.
Currently impossible to answer
What is the proof?
Something that is accurate or ā€˜provesā€™ a hypothesis , .f. Is there Free-Will or not?.
Questions like these I just donā€™t know , that dead zone where science and philosophy intersect. I.e eeekkk!
Or is everything predestined?.
No of course not
Or is everything in random?.
Eeeekk!
The last 2 possibilities is almost insanity.g. What is the meaning of true Happiness?.
See research methods
Is being in a relationship Happiness?.
See research methods
What is Pleasure. Does Pleasure give us Happiness?.
See research methods

My doctor says itā€™s not a delusion when I say thereā€™s an intelligent creatorā€¦as long as I donā€™t say that Iā€™M the intelligent creator. But yeah I still believe in an intelligent creator even though I donā€™t believe Iā€™m Jesus. I only believed I was God for a dayā€¦it was more than I was the Son of God. I donā€™t believe that anymore but I will never forget all the times I felt God showed himself to me. I believe him/her/it to be omnipotent. I believe in the butterfly effect too which shows the awesomeness of God. But Iā€™m not sure if I believe in an afterlife. I certainly donā€™t believe in hell. But sometimes I feel Iā€™d be happiness in an eternal sleep. Maybe that is heaven. That said Iā€™m gonna live this life the best I could.

I always believed Iā€™d go to heaven and be with a woman of my dreams and just drink wine and do drugs all day with no repercussions while thereā€™s some gloomy atmosphere, living on a farm, listening to vynyls as my source of music. But now Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™d less prefer that to eternal rest or not

Are you serious, Science answers this question in so far as its possible.

Yes, i am. What does Science say?.

Im ignorant and havenā€™t studied on this ā€“ what does Science say on the purpose of Human existence?. So forgive me on this.

Man I said Iā€™m just a computer guy , thereā€™s alot of stuff available too you on this. Get a book on it ,

Just looked on the net. Most of what I saw was Darwinism and Survival of the fittest.

Sorry, I donā€™t agree to that. Purpose of Human existence to be to have your way is too shallow - even disastrous. probably what the human world is seeing right now.

Anyways take care :slight_smile:

on both counts u got it wrong.

God dosenā€™t exist. Jesus was an Enlightened one. That does not make him a God.

You too could be one. (If you want)

Your atheistic preaching is starting to get a bit tiresome. Youā€™re just as ignorant as everyone else is when it comes to truth. Youā€™re prattling off a lot of emotional energy, and just because you feel emotionally justified doesnā€™t mean youā€™re right.

amen to that !. but atleast there is no God

I highlly disagree about the ā€œno Godā€ delusion. I have had numerous dream & waking states in which I experienced some facet or archetype of God.

Belief in God is wholly solipsistic in nature, itā€™s purely subjective. If you think you are talking from some objective platform about existence of God, think again. There is no objective way to talk about Godā€™s existence. Some, like myself, have verified that God exists.

So long as you are committed & close-minded to belief in God, you wonā€™t be able to experience It.

1 Like

Was this facet or archetype of God you perceived externally?. Meaning something external of you ?

Yes. There are two ways God approaches - either externally or supra-dimensional - as in caused through you. God isnā€™t obedient to the same laws of physics as us; God can weave in & out of materials that we deem ā€œmandatoryā€ for existence.

1 Like