Do you believe "Care for the stranger as for one of your own."?

Or do you believe that you only care about the people that are your friends.?

I can’t even take care of myself let alone helping others.

Well, I think it’s more about giving people a cheerful smile even if you don’t know them.

3 Likes

I am not good at smiling, I have a hard time smiling. I rarely smile if I even do it. I do laugh sometimes though.

Oh, force yourself. But, I do know how you feel. I’ve been there.

1 Like

Christopher Nolan speaks to SOME of this in ‘Interstellar’.

Astronaut (played by Anne Hathaway) argues to pivot the mission for subjective reasons as opposed to what is in all likelihood more objective reasons.

I gleaned from the script and her arguing that humans tend to care for those ‘who are in their line of sight’.

It’s a wonderful part of the movie. Good movie too.

1 Like

I think we’re supposed to care for everyone.

5 Likes

Well if that stranger is Jeffery Dahmer or Ted Bundy they’re on their own.

5 Likes

Yes, a cheerful countenance would only get a sneer from some. But I don’t think that would dismay a truly happy person.

1 Like

I mainly care about friends, but I do try to send aid towards some groups I identify with.

3 Likes

I always have the feeling to assist or help out strangers who talks to self in streets.
Because I know how angry I get if someone try to correct me.
I can not imagine having a conversation with them.
I just can not accept the seen people talking to them self, as I see self on streets one day

i try to smile at people when i come across them, i don’t know how they feel it, maybe they find me awkward… but my dad is always with me when i go out but i still try to smile if we come across somebody.

I care about everyone but I would not stretch myself for some people whereas for others I would

1 Like

Spiritual Profiling is really about understanding that we have different kinds of neighbors we are called to love and engage. Off topic but ill smash it in there anyways

1 Like

I mean, you could take care of the stranger as one of your own, and that would be good, if that’s what you mean.

But if you love the stranger as one of your own, then I don’t think you really love anyone at all.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s off topic at all. It really is my point - to find unity in differences.

2 Likes

I care about my family and customers I choose to work with, but outside of that I do not have much of a chance to practise caring for others.

Guess trying to help others here counts, but I really don’t go out enough Covid or no Covid IRL for me to be able to care for others.

People have wholesale rejected me in my community, and I find it hard to care about them, but I think deep down I did care about these people at the time

4 Likes

Oh, I see.

Abcdefg

Not in a world where others credence involves removing my head for being from the wrong different tribe.

I wish it wasn’t this way.

“Do unto others as they do unto you”

“Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life.”

:neutral_face::expressionless::neutral_face:

By “Set a man on fire” do you mean inspire him or kill him?

1 Like