Do you ask your pdoc challenging questions?

pdocs have this great education right? You see all the plaques on their wall in the office so I had developed som questions that will press his education and give me a good answer.

Well last visit I told him I was nose blind. And he squeezed his own nose ans I was like yup that is my illness my olfactory system had gotten damaged from meth abuse.

I asked him how does seroquel work but I didn’t understand crap he drew like these re uptake inhibitor things like they was transporting from synapse.

Ok well tell if this question is any good

1. How does seroquel and lithium affect how I hear? My sight and smell?

Because I been wondering that a lot. And won’t accept a simple answer. Because I know there is an in depth explanation of how medicine interacts with human senses. Its not being aware of my immediate health can cause me to delude like air temperature. Has to be cool at night cannot stand muggy air. Can’t watch tv too long or be next to somebody too long. If i choose a seat that is against a wall and somebody next to me is blocking me I feel cornered and it’s uncomfortable. I can’t stand certain cashiers who don’t say may I take your order they just stand there well im done the more i type the more my idiocy shows well takecare to you all and handle business first then you can play peace out yo

I ask questions all the time. I have asked about every medicine he has put me on. I have asked about pregnenlone(sp) and l-lysine off our website. I’ve asked how certain diets may interact with the medications, I have had long talks about bentos and sleeping pills. He doesn’t seem to mind. He would rather me ask the have me not ask, he’s told me so.

2 Likes

Thats good saphire214.

I always ask my pdoc questions - some challenging.
I am not bragging but I can keep up with my pdoc - I know a lot about psych meds and on my BP/SZA -
I sometimes make suggestions to my pdoc, they dont know everything

2 Likes

Your right about that Wave. You could probably prescribe a loved one the proper meds since you have experience, given the pdoc doesn’t know as much as you. What lets me down about some of them is that they withhold of a lot of info that could be valuable. So that is why I think it may be important to challenge what they know, and if their is a better treatment solution for example. My pdoc asked me what I’d recommend for my mom with BP, I said depakote. And I don’t know the mg amount part well. But that’s what she got prescribed. And I told him Zyprexa, due to my observations, there could be a more appropriate cocktail. But we always hear the “Well I’m no doctor” excuse. Although you may not have a phD, the level of experience and trials and tribulations, make you well versed in BP/SZA psych meds.

1 Like

Well my current pdoc knows more about meds than me I am sure, but I know enough to keep up with her.
Thanks for your kind words @Schizoflux

I’ve given up challenging my doctor. I DO keep up with my reactions to the medications he’s prescribed for me.I offer suggestions. I think it’s pretentious to challenge his authority. Why not go to medical school and become a psychiatrist oneself? Psychiatrists, like most doctors today, because there are so many sick people, can become overworked and forget things when it comes to the individual patient, like, for instance, your name.

i ask;
why is the sky blue ?
why is salt…salty ?
can you see an angel in the cloud up there ?
i put two different coloured socks on today…why ?
when a priest talks to god he is a prophet…when i talk to god i’m mad…why ?
how come only dogs can lick their balls ?
why are pink cupcakes more delicious ?
what is doctor who’s real name ?
take care :alien:
darth bunny :rabbit: is laughing his arse off again…!?!

1 Like

Well my fault, Not that you know more than her, but keeping up with her, well I’m sure she is pleased to have a patient so well informed

1 Like

Well being overworked and forgetting about the individual patient is no excuse, what are we to be treated like robots?