Do you actually have friends?

I have friends i lost contact with. They were really caring and kind personalities. I have one guy friend who didn’t want to have contact with me anymore because he thought his life had gotten better but he didn’t know my life had gotten better too.

Nah, no friends, but i don’t feel left out at all.

I have one friend but I am kind of the last resort to hang out with. I came off as weird or odd to his other friends because I’m not good socially. So if there is nothing else to do and he doesn’t feel like sitting at home alone with his wife he will tell me to come over. I want to be more social, but I think this is as good as it is going to get.

I have no friends in real life, all my friends moved on with their lives. My therapist wants me to join groups so i can make some friends. It’s hard for me to make friends.

1 Like

No friends. Everyone thinks i am shallow and self absorbed. :dizzy_face:

I kinda have friends I’m more of a groupie

I find a few of my friends haven’t given up on our friendships. One of them is an old friend from school who lives in Canada all these years. She flied to my city last year to tell me about her psychosis and her mental health condition. I kind of know about her struggles and flied to Canada to see her ten years ago when she seemed to be falling apart. We wrote each other and we love each other. She is doing her PhD and she told me to keep writing.

Another of my best friend is from the same school. She said I am often welcomed to see her. We were best friends when we were young. She said her siblings and her friends siblings are not going to spend time with them too and she said friends can be better than family members. She said she would take care of me. So they would be my life friends.

I still have a few more friends they would contact me and spend a day or an evening with me. I think both myself and my friends are adjusting. Most of them have their own severe health problems and a demanding career they are struggling every day like I used to be. They kind of find it difficult to understand what is happening to me. And they dont know what to do. Some of them say they are not giving up on me. Some of them say they are enjoy every time we meet. We have meet sparsely since I took up the job. I’m working in the evenings and weekend. I think maybe no hurry.

1 Like

As I recover and try and get out of my head, I am working on making friends. When I wasn’t doing well, in my anger phase I didn’t have any friends. Sometimes even my kid sis would avoid me. Who wants to hang around that sort of anger? Then when I got over the anger, people started coming back.

I find that it’s pretty immediate… If I put nothing out and don’t try and communicate, then no one communicates with me. If I put out the patience, and the effort, then it gets returned. I still only have one non-family friend. But I’m going to see if with his help, I can contact someone else I feel I would like to make amends to.

3 Likes

I have imaginary friends. I don’t really get along with them, but they get along with me, or try to. My bestest friend I haven’t made contact with yet either. Technology has really opened things up lately, so I am hoping for the best but am not really sure what’s going on with them.

Welcome to the forum Posterity :smile:

I guess I’m lucky I have several people who I can call friends. One lifelong buddy other friends from college. Right now my primary crowd are my high school friends that live here in town. They hit me up and ask if I want to go to bars and stuff, so yeah. I’m not the loneliest. Still spend most of my time alone however. Hanging out with people aint what it used to be like now that I know they are reading my mind.

1 Like

I don’t have very many friends. As for close friends that I’ve know for many years, I don’t have any. I haven’t had any close friends since probably elementary or middle school. For most of my life, I’ve been a loner and just keep to myself. I’m starting to learn that this behavior is both good and bad.

I have one friend. She is my best friend. She understands me because her brother in law has schizophrenia. So I trust her. Everyone else I don’t consider friends because i don’t trust them.

Yeah my parents have friends whom I also am friends with as well. What kind of friend do u want? Act a friend have a place to meet other humans. Open up with body language, listen to your potential friend. It took me years and the same people I’ve been going to the gym with we’re finally realizing that we all have personality and I’m not ignoring them as much. It’ll happen.

1 Like

Yes, but does a friend take advantage or use you if you have them. The majority of them, they do except for the few are like me

My wife is a friend of mine. And I have one friend who reappeared in my life after 40 years out-of-contact – computers allowed us to find each other and get back in touch.

2 Likes

amazing. If it wasn’t for computers none of this rekindled with old friends would be possible. Even the convo we are having now.

1 Like

I just have acquantinces from work but no real friends that I call everyday or in times of crisis. Seems more trouble then it is worth in my circle of people.

My husband is my best friend. I do see him everyday but we dont’ talk much about my illness because it hasn['t been so bad lately. Go loxapine.