Do women look more alike than men?

I find it difficult to tell if people I see around me are people I know or strangers. I don’t know if it’s a prosopagnosia kind of problem, but I know I developed it after getting schizophrenia. I have no problem telling people apart and do very well on tests of prosopagnosia. The problem isn’t being unable to properly process faces, the problem is remembering how people I know look. Specifically, when I haven’t seen the people I know very recently, like within minutes and hours, and don’t know them very well, like having lived with them for a long time, strangers will often look like people that I know. Even like close friends.

I’ve noticed this effect is more pronounced for women. I’m wondering if it maybe has something to do with make-up, and that women do their make-up similarly and therefore look more alike?

Do women who are wearing make-up look more alike than men?

• Yes
  • No
  • I don’t know

0 voters

2 Likes

I think women look more alike.
Women tend to follow trends and do especially their hair and clothes in a certain way, depending on their surroundings. They also seem to hang out with people who have similar tastes to them.

I often have trouble telling women apart because there are so many potential similarities.

1 Like

I don’t think women look more alike. We all come in different figures and sizes and facial features

3 Likes

I don’t think so, you could maybe say that men with beards all look similar.

1 Like

I call the good looking Hollywood women clones.

You can take all the features of a good looking women and combine them and you get the perfect looking woman. But at the same time, if you have several women who look like this, they all look the same.

1 Like

I think everyone looks distinctive.

1 Like

It’s pretty much a tie. I guess it just depends on who is doing the looking then. Not a big surprise since I have an eye for men. :slight_smile:

This was interesting.

2 Likes

We are evolutionarily wired to more easily distinguish between types of people we interact with frequently. Basically, at a moment’s notice, you have to distinguish between members of your own tribe, but with everyone else, you have trouble noticing minor differences.

My neighbor’s mom had all sons, and whenever any of the girls were over, she couldn’t tell us apart, even though we had different color hair. When Mr. Star first started dating me, he couldn’t tell my relatives apart, since we are a different race. Some folks might call that racist or sexist. It isn’t. It’s not a bad thing. It’s just a human thing. You will always be able to distinguish minor differences in the class of people you spend the most time with.

1 Like

Side note: of all the people who said no, all of them are either girls, or people who are romantically attracted to girls, or both.

1 Like

I think that both men and women have distinctive features.

1 Like

I don’t know. I know its very common for women in the waiting room where I get treated to have the nose piercing with the tiny jewel/fake diamond. I have no issue with this as I think its hawt.

1 Like

I agree with @Wave.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.