Do we get healthier as a group, as a whole, sz.com

Maybe we spread ideas. And as a community, when one person has a great idea the whole community benefits.

Even if somebody takes a step backwards it still helps the group as a whole by giving us insight/awareness into another persons Situation.

7 Likes

I believe we do, we help people when we can, we ask for help when we need, we share stories of joy and pain, we laugh and cry together.

This site is a recovery tool for me, and I know it’s helping me get better.

Sure hope other people get better from my additions to the community

4 Likes

Terence McKenna, I’m not sure if you’re a fan. But he spoke of memes. And not the internet kinda thing but ideas. He says the human race evolves together as a whole inna way through the spreading of memes. And we need to spread better memes. Maybe a microcosm of that is the sz community here on sz.com.

He also talked about how the internet will hopefully be responsible for spreading better memes to people so in my mind Terence McKenna popularized the word meme.

1 Like

Never heard that, now I’ve got a new research topic. Thank you

I’ve said it in the past but it rings true, reason I post so many memes is to make people smile, I believe it’s a communication tool.

On the turn around, you often post your songs and lyrics, which many people here enjoy, adding to the over all recovery of the forum

1 Like

Sort of related to your topic, but one thing I really enjoy here is seeing people get better on the forum. It is heartbreaking to see some get worse, but then when they get back from hospital and post with a little more life experience it seems that things work out. I try my best to keep things positive, and motivate others to try and go for what they want. It’s takes a lot to push yourself with this disease. I was really excited when you took that class this past spring, as its always great to have other college students here on the forum. best wishes

2 Likes

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 1985, so no internet. I didn’t know anyone with schizophrenia. I went to the library and skimmed through a book by Oliver Sacks called The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat. And I read lots of Freud.

The internet has made it possible for people with schizophrenia and other psychosis-related disorders to communicate with each other, nearly instantaneously, on a global scale.

So, yeah, I’m much healthier because of this website.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say I get healthier, but kindness is nice.

I don’t do too many memes. It’s overdone on FB.

2 Likes

I have that book but never read it. It’s about sz???

1 Like

Yeah, it’s about sz. I don’t remember much of the book. I think I picked it off the shelve because I liked the title.
@Jonnybegood

2 Likes

@Jonnybegood

My mistake. It’s actually about people with neurological and neuropsychiatric illnesses. So not really sz.

1 Like

Let’s all get yoked. :muscle:

2 Likes

Can’t, weights are to heavy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::upside_down_face::llama:

2 Likes

Use a resistance band to start out with.

2 Likes

It’s too heavy :rofl:

2 Likes

I never used to lift weights, just did push-ups

they’re just as hard.

2 Likes

I do 100 push ups every other day. My chest looks fairly decent. A little bit of fat still.

3 Likes

my chest got muscular too, which I didn’t really like as a woman

just wanted to do it for my arms.

1 Like

When I was psychotic in 2013 off meds I did sometimes 500 pushups in a day

I think I did 150 in a row once

But that was back after doing push-ups for yearsss.

Plus I was off meds and losing tons of weight but working out. I could do a lot of pushups.

I did other stuff too. But that was the best shape of my life.

Ever since I went away to rehab in 2014 I haven’t worked our much :confused:

2 Likes

I’ve learned a lot of sz vocabulary if nothing else. I did not understand delusions until I came on this forum. It’s taken years but now I can get it through my head that I get delusional. :eyeglasses:

4 Likes

you never know it when you’re it, you think you’re totally right

it took my stepdad and my brother to convince me I was wrong.

2 Likes